• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Bhut jolokia seed problem

Hello. This year is first year to me to grow hot peppers. All went well until the flowering. I had major flower drop ( maybe couse of 105 F) ?
Now when i have pods, it happens that they have no seeds in it!? That pods are small and have another pepper inside .

Here is the picture of this pods :

images are here
http://imageshack.us/g/33/hpim03801.jpg/

Are those the first pods that developed after all the heat ? It could be the heat while developing was enough to damage them but not enough to make them drop thus the deformed growth.

They don't look like Bhuts to me. The flesh is too thick and the stem. I've never seen all the pods on a plant have internal proliferation. I wouldn't save seeds from that plant anyway because that trait is genetic. If you do want to grow it out though, wait until your pods are red and somewhat softer before picking. Good luck to you.

Like this are only few first peppers, could this happen if bhut had no pollen in flowers, and crossing with African bird's eye chili ?

^ Doubtful, it was probably just the high temperature. Crossing with something else will not effect the visual characteristics of the resulting pod, only the next generation of plants and pods grown from the seed if you were to have any seeds.

Back