• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Biberiye Biber or Rosemary Pepper from Turkey and Pepperlover.com

This is another rare variety from Turkey, sent to me by Judy at Pepperlover.com. 

A somewhat typical C.annuum in terms of looks, especially the interior. 

The Aromas are very nice and again, very typical of C.annuum. there is some sweetness, a little fruitiness, but the main aroma is very similar to a red Jalapeño. 

The flavor is a big surprise. At first it`s very sweet with a good amount of acid, almost sweet and sour in nature. That fades quickly and there is a deliciously rich C.annuum flavour that feels and tastes as if there were some nut oil in the pepper. Rich and a bit like Walnut oil. This gives a lovely mouth feel that really allows the flavors to shine. What a deliciously unexpected treat!

The heat is around that of a Red Jalapeño, possibly slightly above that, but not by very much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eQCPbMXN8U&feature=youtu.be

Another nice review, Nigel!  Thanks.

A pickling pepper. Wife's going to love this one. Good review Nigel. Judy must have a good connection to be getting so many great Turkish Peppers!

Thanks for another great review Nigel. I really look forward to your reviews as you always have a good variety. The hottest super hots one day, moderate heat chiles with great flavor another and maybe little to no heat chiles or super rare chiles many have never heard of the next. I love heat and enjoy seeing reviews for the newest craziest super hots that seem to be popping up every week but watching super hots reviewed over and over again tends to get boring. All are mostly the same when you get to that level, since the heat is so extreme there is usually little time to taste any flavors before the heat blows your head off. I love that but it's great to watch someone who mixes it up especially with chiles I've never heard of. Not only do I get to see and hear about the awesome new supers like chocolate brain strain, red/choc lavas (gotta love Judy) but also learn about new chiles I've never seen like capsicum flexuosum. Honestly I'll probably never grow it but was great to hear and learn about it. Anyway, thanks again for sharing Nigel and I look forward to your future reviews.

Back