• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Big Box Peppers. Anyone grown these?

The local Big Box store is ramping up for the Spring blitz.
Apart from the usual California Bell and Cayenne varieties, they had a number of somewhat novel pepper seeds on sale.

Has anyone grown these guys?  They look sorta tempting.

Poinsettia.jpg

Douce%20D_Espagne.jpg

Cubanelle.jpg

Tequila.jpg

Espanola.jpg

none of the above, but i have grown the home depot burpee jalapenos.

they were properly processed seeds... nicely classified, no small or weird seeds,  free of pepper flesh and debris, and dated the same year.

they grew like annum ive messed with.

Grew cubanelles last year. All I can say is they PRODUCE. My plants were tipping over from all the peppers on it. Pretty good taste too, I let them ripen to red before picking them to get that full sweetness. 

Yeah I grew Burpee's early Jalapeño last year. Great producers and they were definitely on the high end of the heat scale for jalapeños.

I've got a Burpee "Hot Salsa" mix that I've used to make border plants for my front yard. Grew fine.

The thing is, if I can either have a $2 or $3 variety that's good enough by driving up to a box store or spend the same or slightly more for exactly what I want from a vendor online, I'd rather get exactly what I want without the hassle of the trip. I only have so much space, so I have to be really choosy.

I do have Espanhola in my seed book. Just haven't gotten around to starting it since there're so many other neat varieties to try!

I have more than enough pepper seeds, but my mom was looking into other vegetables on burpee's website. Not sure how much of those they have in stores though.

Back