• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

? Big Caterpillar on my Jassmine plant

Looked at my Jassmine with half the leave gone and found this big 9 cm long and over 1 cm round caterpillar on it eating it. Anyone know what it could be?? Will get some pixs when its in a pupa then a ? moth.
P1030058.jpg

That guy looks like it could devour your whole garden over night. Sure is pretty to look at but I'd kill it or confine it to a cage.

It 's a caterpillar of a sphinx moth is about 12 cm long, 2.50 cm diameter and very bright colors, you'll take away from the plants would otherwise devour everything.

Ok its been a Pupa for one day now so I got more info. Its 4 1/2 Cm and just over 1 Cm thick. Would have been under the dirt if was not in my Lab cage. Will get pixs when it becomes a moth. Was rainning so added pix of our bird trying to scare of the rain.
P1030389.jpg

P1030383.jpg

She is an Owlet, they are too small so are called Owlets even when old. She is an Asian spotted Owlet, she eats Cat food, Bugs, and a little meat. Plus added vitamins. Is a great bird to have where as most owl's and owlets are not. Alot less work then hawks. Not as good as a crow. But much less work and troubles then Buggies, cocatos, Paroits and Toucans. I never have to worry about my fingers, which is about the same as the Crow. But same as most birds as they need dayly care with people there bonded with. Makes more noise then the crows but crows I had care of where very slient when not hungery and would only speak english when it though I could not here. As by the time the one I had left in care its was talking. The other that went to another friend care taker was talking as well and was trained to speak to people. The Owlet Banasick as most birds makes noise when wanting us to play with her. Most friends are surprised that Banasick jumps all over us and is kind of stuck to us when out of cage.
P1030063.jpg

Another day of petting. Have some pixs of Banasick eating cockrouches but can't find them. As well got some today of her laying on her back while I pet her head. I will have to get that pix on as well as very cool.
P1020088.jpg

To bad I don't know how to put up videos. Much cuter when you can see her eyes moving

Nice looking Owl! Videos would be great to see! Have you checked out using YouTube for your videos? YouTube is super simple - just create your account, and upload your video. After you upload, YouTube gives you what to copy/paste into other sites to view the video.

Back