• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

BIG SHOW OFF: Photos of Your Hybrids!

i'll play. Here's a really cool pepper I bred that I refer to as ShitGum. It's a shishito x Yellow BBG.  Really happy how these have turned out so far. 
shitgum.jpg

shitgum1.jpg

Jubnat said:
Those are awesome! I love how some of them have that Shishito alien mouth looking tip
Thank you

austin87 said:
They look great and my mouth is watering at the idea of blistered ShitGums tossed with olive oil, salt, and a squeeze of lemon.

What generation are you on?
Ha thanks, these are F2.  The first generation were all red, so far with the F2's I have a few reds, 1 orange, 1 yellow and 1 that's a funky peach/orange color. 

FreeportBum said:
Thank you

Ha thanks, these are F2.  The first generation were all red, so far with the F2's I have a few reds, 1 orange, 1 yellow and 1 that's a funky peach/orange color. 
Peach sounds yum do you have a pic?

Well Freeport, with a name like ShitGum....I'm guessing you have zero plans of selling them? lol

They definitely LOOK good, though!

Wow. I am seeing truly amazing hybrids here in this thread. :-D

I am intending a number of cross-pollinations that involve the Pimenta de Neyde, as this is a good way to get amazing patterns and colors on the resulting hybrids. As compagnons I consider these:
- Cheiro Roxa (beautifully purple to peach orangish cream, never ripens to red)
- Thunder Mountain Longhorn (that should give us an amzing thing with amazing colors and patterns)
- brown and red Jamaican Scotch Bonnet and Habanero (because of the flavors)

Does anyone else here have hybrids involving
- Pimenta de Neyde
- Cheiro Roxa
?

Not cheiro roxa but I do have a 7pot burgundy x cgn-21500 cross. One pheno had round pods the other long bhut like pods. Ive continued the bhut shape and this year got a red and what looks to be a peach pheno. No dark leaf coloration.

Thanks!

Reminds me for a very crazy idea i had. to combine in a hybrid HOPEFULLY the black-purple foliage of the "Black Pearl" with some white fruits like the white Bullet Habanero and others. :-D

Just an intention, not yet done.

Hirnsausen said:
Wow. I am seeing truly amazing hybrids here in this thread. :-D

I am intending a number of cross-pollinations that involve the Pimenta de Neyde, as this is a good way to get amazing patterns and colors on the resulting hybrids. As compagnons I consider these:
- Cheiro Roxa (beautifully purple to peach orangish cream, never ripens to red)
- Thunder Mountain Longhorn (that should give us an amzing thing with amazing colors and patterns)
- brown and red Jamaican Scotch Bonnet and Habanero (because of the flavors)

Does anyone else here have hybrids involving
- Pimenta de Neyde
- Cheiro Roxa
?
I have a few crosses that use Golden Camo as a parent, Golden camo is a Fidalgo Roxa x Habanero cross, so it has the purple foliage and purple black pod blush.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Nice to see some longtime members! Here's a picture from yesterday of my Jimmy Nardello x mystery hot cross (I'm calling it Hot Nards). I've been growing them out about 3 years now. Sweet start, hot finish - a nice gateway pepper.

Attachments

• hotnards.jpg
    hotnards.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 97
Back