• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

BIG SHOW OFF: Photos of Your Hybrids!

The yellow ones look really like mustard. You actually could name them "Hell's Mustard" or "Mustard of the Apocalypse", if they are very hot, based on their distinctive color.    :-D

ShitGum Yellow (Shishito x Yellow BBG) these are a couple of seed savers.
7.jpg

8.jpg

ShitGum Orange (shishito x Yellow BBG) already posted some of these but I love showing them off  :P  these are a couple seed savers. 
9.jpg

Another pheno of my TFM X Yellow BBG
t.jpg

Cheers

Last summer I crossed two Italian varieties, annuum Mazzo Rossetti Etna (Etna Red Bouquet, after the volcano) with something I had found at a local nursery called Naga Morich Salmone, chinense (although it was doubtfully related to the original Naga Morich).

Several of the 10 or so seeds I planted germinated, resulting in one very healthy and fruitful plant which is now in its second round of harvest.

1hfptu.jpg

Unripe pods on the plant (and evidence of leaf-cutter bees :P )

15z11e1.jpg

Small handful of ripe/ripening peppers. 

Comparing the parent plants, the Etna plants were very short and bushy, ornamental looking, with clusters of little red peppers. The Naga Morich Salmone plant was very tall and leggy, with longer creamy-salmon colored pods, some with a pinkish blush to them, and had an accordion-like shape closer to the stem. 
My plant took the height of the N.M.S and the longer pods, with some variance in the shape of the peppers (they're someone pinched, not totally rounded), however the red color and the fullness of the plant (tall not very thick, not leggy or gangly) are reminiscient of the Etna.  

Can't wait to try these and see how they taste, and if I'm able to get good seeds out of them. 

I love that shitgum orange!  :P

FreeportBum said:
ShitGum Yellow (Shishito x Yellow BBG) these are a couple of seed savers.
attachicon.gif
7.jpg
attachicon.gif
8.jpg

ShitGum Orange (shishito x Yellow BBG) already posted some of these but I love showing them off  :P  these are a couple seed savers. 
attachicon.gif
9.jpg

Another pheno of my TFM X Yellow BBG
attachicon.gif
t.jpg

Cheers

Dalia said:
Last summer I crossed two Italian varieties, annuum Mazzo Rossetti Etna (Etna Red Bouquet, after the volcano) with something I had found at a local nursery called Naga Morich Salmone, chinense (although it was doubtfully related to the original Naga Morich).

Several of the 10 or so seeds I planted germinated, resulting in one very healthy and fruitful plant which is now in its second round of harvest.

1hfptu.jpg

Unripe pods on the plant (and evidence of leaf-cutter bees :P )

15z11e1.jpg

Small handful of ripe/ripening peppers. 

Comparing the parent plants, the Etna plants were very short and bushy, ornamental looking, with clusters of little red peppers. The Naga Morich Salmone plant was very tall and leggy, with longer creamy-salmon colored pods, some with a pinkish blush to them, and had an accordion-like shape closer to the stem. 
My plant took the height of the N.M.S and the longer pods, with some variance in the shape of the peppers (they're someone pinched, not totally rounded), however the red color and the fullness of the plant (tall not very thick, not leggy or gangly) are reminiscient of the Etna.  

Can't wait to try these and see how they taste, and if I'm able to get good seeds out of them. 
F2 is where the real fun starts happening

Impressive! Thanks, Mid and Smokin' Hot, for these awesome reports! We all are curious about the flavors (heat alone is not everything). Please let us know, as soon as possible!

Here's a few of mine, these winter babies are tiny.
Upper left (Starfish x Aji Dulce Yellow) x Aji Dulce Yellow

Upper right isn't mine, its bbg7xsrtsl

Lower
left is Jabooty F1 (brown bhut x Jamaican Bird)
Middle is Brown F2
Right is a red F2
25325b6fc86e9e372962d2aa2950c8ba.jpg

CraftyFox said:

These are so awesome!! What's the flavor like on them? Are they an upright? 
Yes these look cool a chocolate fructensen is so cool the birds eye looks dominate but that color from the black Naga is unique yes what's flavor like

If I see those bubblegum hybrids, how the fruits start to give their color pigment to the plant, I wonder if we eventually will have hybrids one day that give the fruit color to ALL the branches and stems of that plant. That would be cool!

For now, we could establish a seed pool for all those who want to create a hybrid from selected chili varieties and swap those seeds with other seeds or other things (chili seeds, seeds of other plants, things not being seeds). What are your opinions about that?

Hirnsausen said:
If I see those bubblegum hybrids, how the fruits start to give their color pigment to the plant, I wonder if we eventually will have hybrids one day that give the fruit color to ALL the branches and stems of that plant. That would be cool!

For now, we could establish a seed pool for all those who want to create a hybrid from selected chili varieties and swap those seeds with other seeds or other things (chili seeds, seeds of other plants, things not being seeds). What are your opinions about that?
Pretty cool. So how shall we make such a group.

Everyone who wants to be a part of this seed swap, could post here what seeds (s)he has, and maybe also, what seeds (s)he wants.

Back