• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

"Bird" sized super hot?

Dulac said:
I'm going to work on this with a bhut jolokia hybrid I've been working on and a pequin hot pepper. I desire tiny superhot pods as well. I'm afraid it's too late to cross with my pequin hot to do it this season. The pequin pepper is growing in the shade, so it didn't get as huge as last year. Last year it was taller than me! I think it must have grown six or so feet. I was also planning to cross it with a bih jolokia. They are the smallest superhots I've seen so far. Unfortunately my bih jolokia was stunted this year and never produced (bad weather).

Edit:

The bih jolokia might be tiny enough for ya. I love them because I can pop them without dying, lol.

Wow, congrats on the huge Pequin...Mine is still a little bush. The Bih sounds perfect—When it comes to super hots I like to eat fresh pods—I'm not really into sauces and powders. It always seemed backwards to me that most all super hots are also bred for big pods...An analogy to the world of alcohol would be whisky always being served in one-liter Oktoberfest mugs...

Back