• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Black Coloring on New Growth Base

Good afternoon all.

I was checking my Thai Dragon this afternoon and noticed a bunch of black markings at the base of most of my new growth.

The plant was brought indoors after a decent run this summer, but I used it to get my new growroom all dialed in. So I chopped the heck out of it down to just the main stem and 2 off shoots. 

It is in a smart pot with Fox Farms Ocean Forest, I alternate Neptunes harvest seaweed/fish liquid fert (2-3-1) each week with Epsom salt foliar spray the opposite week. I have a few leaves that are starting to curl a bit so I am probably due for some cal/mag.

It has been about 3 weeks since  chopped it down and it has been shooting new growth out like crazy and as of yesterday I noticed a few buds forming in the new growth.

I came up empty with a search on the boards and wanted to ask if anyone knows what is up with the black at the news growth intersections. Pic below

Thanks everyone. I had not seen this when it was first growing so I was a bit alarmed. I know basil has a disease where it gets s black stripe then dies so just wanted to make sure. Learning a ton this first year!!

Back