• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health black spots on red hot cherry

Hi Guys,
On this plant I have noticed black spots ad some of the leaves are turning yellow and falling off! I know we're nearing the end of the season but this can but just one more thing to add to what I have learned for next year. Is this something I should mix hydrogen peroxide and water? Or is this normal for some plants? Thanks for your help in advance!

vxqP3.jpg

sure looks like some sort of an infection. i got something similar to a couple of my peppers but after spraying them with some aerated compost tea, it cleared up. the infected leaves, I just took off the plant and the new growth are starting to look better.

hth.

Hi Guys,
On this plant I have noticed black spots ad some of the leaves are turning yellow and falling off! I know we're nearing the end of the season but this can but just one more thing to add to what I have learned for next year. Is this something I should mix hydrogen peroxide and water? Or is this normal for some plants? Thanks for your help in advance!

vxqP3.jpg

I don't think that's normal. Yellowing bottom leaves is normal, but not the black spots (they're on the green leaves as well). I would remove them and spray the whole plant with peroxide ASAP until somebody rings in with a definitive answer.
Try google; I've gotten some very good answers that way. Good luck.

I've seen it hundreds of time, but I don't know what it is. I've never seen it effect a plant in a negative way. Right now I have several plants with black spots on them

Back