Black Thai TQ - SASBE Offer - First 5 Takers - 10 Seeds Each - R1 & R2 Now CLOSED

UPDATE: As of 9/14/12, I'm opening a Round 2 offer - another five people are eligible. I just harvested more seeds. 5 more people get 10 seeds each of this one. Same rules apply. :)

Chris

ORIGINAL MESSAGE

Back on 8/25/12, I did a Round 1 offer for the first five responders here get 10 non-isolated seeds of Black Thai TQ. This is a VERY unusual annuum that is quite ornamental. Different from the Black Thai I released in my SASBE offer in 2011. The plant is gorgeous, pods are twisty and longer. Purple/white flowers, deep black pods ripen to jet red. The transition is amazing.

I'd really like feedback next year on how these did for you. I'm interested in stability as it's unique. Ironically it's a neat cross another member got here from my original Orange Thai I sent him (pretty sure). He has grown it for a couple of generations.

Follow my rules carefully. If you do not comply, don't expect the seeds. Make it easy for me please. Here is what you need to do:

- Send me a self-addressed stamped bubble envelope with the exact amount of loose postage included inside that it took to send it to me in the first place. NO METERED POSTAGE as that cannot be used to send back the envelope.

- Include ziplock bag(s) with the variety name marked you are requesting.

- Make sure your return envelope/labels have your full address on them. Usually I can reuse the same bubble envelope you sent me. Just add a new address label I can affix over my mailing address. If you wish to send a new envelope within the other, you're welcome to. If you send me a plain envelope with no padding, you'll get your seeds back in this envelope. You may try to save postage, but don't complain if your seeds come back crushed!! It's a risk you take - up to you.

- Offer is for U.S. members only.

- Do not ask me to include lots of extra varieties. My SASBE offer is for the variet(ies) I listed in this specific offer. If I have multiple offers going at once and you won more than one spot, clarify.

- Be sure to include a small note in the envelope with your THP user name and what you're sending in for.

- Please try to send the envelope in within 7 days of the time period I provide my mailing address. I don't want these offers lingering for months at a time. If you don't do this, I may be inclined to move to another poster. I will be reasonable for sure as many know, but don't abuse it. This shouldn't be difficult for me - I'm providing free seeds.

- If you plan on taking my seeds and selling them at a big mark-up without even growing them out.....DO NOT TAKE A PLACE. :) I don't do that to others and don't appreciate it being done here.

- If you can, please 'spread the heat' through similar-type offers after you grow my stuff out. I enjoy sharing stuff with members. Keeping the chain going and sharing with other members is a great thing to do. AlabamaJack says it best - 'PAY IT BACK'.

Good luck everyone. Thanks a lot. :)

Chris

081312011.jpg

062412003.jpg

Chris - I'd love to try Black Thai - TQ - and will send out a SASBE on Monday.
Thank you for the offer and sharing your harvest.

catherinew

That is a really neat looking pepper. I wonder if the heat/flavor is drastically different between the color phases if you know? Cause I was thinking those would make a pretty uniquely colored powder. Either way I'ld be willing to give them a spot in my garden for testing purposes.

Thanks,
David

OK offer closed. I've got my five winners. If you already sent your SASBE, I'll toss these seeds in along with the NOT Black Naga - Mean Red Cross ones. :) If this is the first offer you won, PM me for my mailing address.

Chris

Note, I received some SASBEs already for this offer. I am sending them out tomorrow morning. NOTE - PLEASE LET THE SEEDS DRY FOR 5-7 MORE DAYS ON A PAPER PLATE/COFFEE FILTER TO ENSURE THEY ARE FULLY DRIED. Enjoy your seeds. :)

Chris

Awww man. I just accepted a second offer from you yesterday and sent out my SASBE this morning. :) Nice looking pepper.

You are looking for people who haven't taken two or more of your offers, correct?

I'd be interested in the offer if the new offer is still available... Mostly because I want to grow these and be able to say that a certain section of my garden is Black Thai only...

But seriously, I think these look cool I'll send a sasbe if there's a spot.

Helldozer, I would like to give others a chance if possible. If there is no interest, we can circle back. Rawkstah, yes you're in. 4 spots left.

Chris

Back