• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Blair's PRE-AM Reserve #13

paulky_2000 said:

Got a whole group of them that haven't been photographed yet. 2 Firecrackers, Encore, and now this Caldera. I'll start a thread here over the weekend (or maybe sooner).

Tkromer said:
Got a whole group of them that haven't been photographed yet. 2 Firecrackers, Encore, and now this Caldera. I'll start a thread here over the weekend (or maybe sooner).

Sweet! I can't wait to see how you're displaying them!

Until we get the house finished, very poorly. They're just on a bookcase for now. I'm going to build a nice tic-tac-toe shelf in our kitchen/dining room in the house that should hold 50+ bottles, probably build several of those if it works out and looks nice, if not that will be for my "top" pieces.

Tkromer said:
Until we get the house finished, very poorly. They're just on a bookcase for now. I'm going to build a nice tic-tac-toe shelf in our kitchen/dining room in the house that should hold 50+ bottles, probably build several of those if it works out and looks nice, if not that will be for my "top" pieces.

I will tell you this....

Dusting is a BITCH.

Behind glass is better if you have the means! ;)

JayT said:
You know what's funny, I probably have $5-6K worth myself, but mine is pretty well worthless as I have opened nearly all of them. I may have 75-100 bottles out of 850-1K unopened. I started collecting to collect and along the way realized that the resale is a joke and I wanted to eat them. I even throw away empty bottles just to rebuy them as I obviously liked them to finish them. I think you guys have awesome collections, and displays, but it's just not me anymore. I have changed so much since I started growing. Now it is all about the fresh peppers and non-extract sauces for me. I still watch the collectible market and actually still collect Defcon stuff, but otherwise it's all going down my throat.

:shocked: you have 850-1000 bottles ? damn you've been busy LOL

I gotta agree, the hot sauce is consumed! unless just darn right nasty.... but I collect the empty used bottles for show.

Tkromer said:
Air compressor with the fan nozzle tip :)

depending on the compressor & air hose, you could also have liquids being sprayed...example oil from the compressor or anti-freeze or heet (gas line) from the hoses but this depends on your location. so I wouldnt use that method unless you dont care about those liquids being sprayed into your home.

bennoz said:
why are blairs products so sought after as a collectors item?
Is it just the bottle / limited amount made ?

Being an extract - wouldnt they be the same each release, unlike a bottle of fine wine ?
Id dare anyone to tell me the difference between releases when each extract is 5+ million SHU

good question!!!
cuz blairs says they're collectors!!! :rolleyes:

I can understand some company offering 1 item once every year as a collectors item, BUT blairs takes it to the extreme & offers what ? at least a dozen items ?every year !
as so called "collectors" , I guess just slap a different color on them its all good :rolleyes:
IMO blairs is taking it to the extreme & is gonna ride the collectors train until people stop buying into his collectors crap.

wouldnt a collector be something that is rare & limited ? if you make several versions of it throughout the year & just put different color on it & then the normal version sold unlimited....how is that a collectors ? so what you're buying is the wax...correct ?

no offense guys, yes the wax looks cool but what else you got there ?.......extract hot sauce that if old, people wont consume & such a very small market for chileheads. sorry just my opinion! like JT said "realized that the resale is a joke"
but hey at least line blairs (& others) pocket before his collectors bubble busts!

$13,000 for that bottle LMAO I'd give him $1! & spend the rest on something that would make me money.

chilehunter said:
good question!!!
cuz blairs says they're collectors!!! :rolleyes:

I can understand some company offering 1 item once every year as a collectors item, BUT blairs takes it to the extreme & offers what ? at least a dozen items ?every year !
as so called "collectors" , I guess just slap a different color on them its all good :rolleyes:
IMO blairs is taking it to the extreme & is gonna ride the collectors train until people stop buying into his collectors crap.

wouldnt a collector be something that is rare & limited ? if you make several versions of it throughout the year & just put different color on it & then the normal version sold unlimited....how is that a collectors ? so what you're buying is the wax...correct ?

no offense guys, yes the wax looks cool but what else you got there ?.......extract hot sauce that if old, people wont consume & such a very small market for chileheads. sorry just my opinion! like JT said "realized that the resale is a joke"
but hey at least line blairs (& others) pocket before his collectors bubble busts!

$13,000 for that bottle LMAO I'd give him $1! & spend the rest on something that would make me money.

I like them. You can collect what YOU like.

I think they're cool. I don't care if there's cat pee in them.

I'm not opening ANY of the bottles in my hot sauce collection. End of story.

;)

JayT said:
You know what's funny, I probably have $5-6K worth myself, but mine is pretty well worthless as I have opened nearly all of them. I may have 75-100 bottles out of 850-1K unopened. I started collecting to collect and along the way realized that the resale is a joke and I wanted to eat them. I even throw away empty bottles just to rebuy them as I obviously liked them to finish them. I think you guys have awesome collections, and displays, but it's just not me anymore. I have changed so much since I started growing. Now it is all about the fresh peppers and non-extract sauces for me. I still watch the collectible market and actually still collect Defcon stuff, but otherwise it's all going down my throat.

I love you.

Because you eat the bloody sauce of coarse!!

Nothing against collectors mind you but it's kinda like getting married and not devouring the goodness on your honeymoon :lol:

Novacastrian said:
Because you eat the bloody sauce of coarse!!

Nothing against collectors mind you but it's kinda like getting married and not devouring the goodness on your honeymoon :lol:

That, sir, Is a compelling argument! :rofl:

paulky_2000 said:
I like them. You can collect what YOU like.

I think they're cool. I don't care if there's cat pee in them.

I'm not opening ANY of the bottles in my hot sauce collection. End of story.

;)

like I said the wax looks cool! the price they're sold for is NOT worth them IMO.

the way I see it..... I have several 57 chevy's...I got
- the 4th of july collector with usa flag painted on it
- halloween special thats painted orange n black
- christmas special painted red/green
- march special painted green with a leperchan hood ornament
- etc...I ran out of ideas LOL
& they're soooo special in their own right...cuz I say so! (just like blairs does!) that you NEED to collect each one!
if you bring up the difference cuz different million SHU levels....well then I'll throw in some furry dice,white wall tires, tint the windows,etc... & mix it up between the models.

then next year I'll offer the same 57 chevys but just mix up the paint color scheme & mix up which chevy special gets the furry dice or white walls LOL
again they are a must have that you NEED to buy cuz I say they're collectors.

no offense really meant to you, its more so abnout blairs slapping the "collectors" name on alot of his stuff & then people think they should get 10x the original price cuz blairs said they're "collectors"

when theres nothing special about them except the wax, no one eat the stuff it seems like, unlike high priced wine thats worth the money cuz people consume them. then that brings up the question if you're gonna consume it then its not worth paying an outragous price for the item.
& if its so old that you cant consume it then IMO its not worth much at all.

Collecting doesn't always maker sense! I do it, love it, and probably won't ever quit. My 5 year old son keeps a strict inventory of my collection and has a plan for every one of them...once I croak of pepper poisoning of course! :hell:

There is a collector market for everything.not every body who buys high priced wine is going to consume it.Blairs is worth it, sure the Italian wax resin is beautiful.but they are also made in limited quantitys just like wine.if u consume it,then that's $150 $600 down the drain,witch is why I display everything with pride.wouldn't u want to be 1 of 8,000,000,000 people in the world to own 1 out of 99 or 999 reserves.only a chilihead would understand.it's not always about money for some people, for me it's about committing to what I started 1year ago and showing support for it's creator.but that's just me. I agree with u aswell paulky_2000. I will never open them nor sell them unless I come into some really hard times,witch will hopefully never happen. ;)

Back