Blazing 6 Pepper Pesto

Having lots of pepper powder lying around, I couldn't wait to try it out. Here's recipe for what I came up with, basically just a slightly modified classic pesto:
Ingredients:
2 cups firmly packed basil
1/4 cup freshly toasted pine nuts
Cashews(add as much as you want or omit, all about preference)
1/3 cup packed freshly grated asiago cheese(typically parmesan, couldn't find it)
1/3 cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic
Heaping pinch of each of the following powders:
Jalapeno, Tabasco, Red Hot Chile, Pequin, Habanero & Morita(i think, it was some type of smoked mexican dried pepper)
kosher/sea salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste

Put all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until you reach the desired consistency.

Omg its good. Hard to go wrong with pesto.

Absolutely! fresh basil is incredible.

Did you smear that on toast or put it over pasta?

I am sure it would be good either way!

cheezydemon said:
Absolutely! fresh basil is incredible.

Did you smear that on toast or put it over pasta?

I am sure it would be good either way!

I'm eating it on toast right now ;) I "forgot" to mention the addition of the peppers to a co-worker who wanted to try it lol.
"Jeez, this garlic is way hotter than last time :oops:"

rofl

Lol you can even clearly see the peppers in here, pesto normaly doesn't have bright red flecks.
2961370119_c2cc5cb3f9_b.jpg

Txclosetgrower said:
Having lots of pepper powder lying around, I couldn't wait to try it out. Here's recipe for what I came up with, basically just a slightly modified classic pesto:
Ingredients:
2 cups firmly packed basil
1/4 cup freshly toasted pine nuts
Cashews(add as much as you want or omit, all about preference)
1/3 cup packed freshly grated asiago cheese(typically parmesan, couldn't find it)
1/3 cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic
Heaping pinch of each of the following powders:
Jalapeno, Tabasco, Red Hot Chile, Pequin, Habanero & Morita(i think, it was some type of smoked mexican dried pepper)
kosher/sea salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste

Put all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until you reach the desired consistency.

Omg its good. Hard to go wrong with pesto.

If you can't get parmesan you can also try pecorino.

imaguitargod said:
OH! Circuit board! Whacha building?

Lol, it's actually a butterfly board that allows you to take apart one of our products that has separate analog & digital boards stacked on top of each other and splay them out side by side to make testing & probing possible.

mmm spicetastic pesto... i had some pasta & veggies in pesto last night... added fresh peppers to it (takas & 1 orange hab) it was pretty damn good...

Sid03SVT said:
mmm spicetastic pesto... i had some pasta & veggies in pesto last night... added fresh peppers to it (takas & 1 orange hab) it was pretty damn good...

MM cetainly sounds divine
drooling.gif

Update: This stuff is much hotter the 2nd day. I guess it takes awhile for the oil to fully extract the awesomeness from the ground peppers. It kicks at least 3 times more asses than I reported yesterday. That is all.

Back