dehydrators Blender and Dehydrator

As some of you may know (or may not) my friend and I are going to be making our own salsa and sauces this year. Well he already has an old food processor but I was wondering about the other stuff. Like what other kind of stuff would we want to make sauces? I would be interested in a nice blender and food dehydrator (for jerky, chipotles, etc.) but nothing overboard. We want our sauces to be made liquidy (as apposed to chunky). So what would someone need to start getting into making there own salsa and sauces? What are some good makes/models of blenders, dehydrators, food processors (if we upgrade) that would do what we are looking for?

Thanks for all the help

Everyone here seems to like the Excalibur for dehydrating, as for the blender get the biggest baddest outboard motor you can find.

I can't comment on the blender per se, I use the Magic Bullet. The Dehydrator though...I Highly recommend the Excalibur. Excellent piece of kitchen equipment.

very nice looking and sounding hardware. A little expensive but nothing to horrific perhaps ill have to con my friend into going 50/50 with me, "I grew the peppers so you can help with some green".

Back