• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Blood Meal......???

I have had a rough time with my peppers so far as this is my first go at them...
some of you may recall I have about 25 habanero, 12 ghost, 12 scorpions and 6 peter peppers.

the rain has turned my reaper plants leaves to a light yellow, although it is producing..slowly...
the habs are as well, but the growth seems stunted....they are still just a little over a foot tall...maybe a little more, but not much...
So I read somewhere about putting mulch down..and the other day for umm poops and giggles, I moved the mulch back in a circle around the plants, added blood meal to the dirt, watered them real good.....and now 3 days later the leaves have all perked up, and I swear they seem to have grown just a little.....lol

What is your take on this situation?... :dance:

Blood meal is 13-0-0. Yellow leaves indicates N deficiency (or overwatering). So plant needs N, add N, plant is happy. Rocket science it ain't, but good lookin' out. The next level up is to keep the nutrients in balance before the plants ever show any signs of deficiency. That can get tricky.

yes, I tested the soil after I added nutrients to the dirt, but that was a while back, I guess I need to do that more often to  make sure it stays healthy.....
I will do that later on today.

Back