spirits Bloody Mary Recipe needed

Any of you all have a good BM recipe? I want it to have a good kick (heatwise) yet not just super nuclear hot.
Also, what brand of Vodka do you prefer?

I like to use tomato juice, salt, pepper, celery salt, a splash of Worcestershire sauce, a splash of Blair's Jersey Death (or any hot sauce you like) and vodka, of course.

I use Mr & Mrs T's Bold and Spicy as my basic mix...then add the cheapest vodka I can find 'cause I can't tell the difference after it is mixed...then a 5 count of worcetershire and 10 splashes of tabasco sauce...then depending on how hot I want it, I add some of the superhot concentrate I make or stir it with a toothpick dipped in DefCon Zero...

Right, forgot to mention that. I am also using cheap a*s vodka, I can't tell much of a difference in a BM either, using high class stuff would be a waste.

AlabamaJack said:
I use Mr & Mrs T's Bold and Spicy as my basic mix...then add the cheapest vodka I can find 'cause I can't tell the difference after it is mixed...then a 5 count of worcetershire and 10 splashes of tabasco sauce...then depending on how hot I want it, I add some of the superhot concentrate I make or stir it with a toothpick dipped in DefCon Zero...
Somehow I knew I could count on you :D

Chiliac said:
Nice read! Thanks for the link

As far as vodka goes, best i've had in a long time is Monopolowa. It's a potato vodka and despite being pretty damned cheap it is very very smooth with absolutely no aftertaste. I usually abhor vodka, to me usually tastes like rubbing alcohol, but this is good stuff.

29321.jpg

Monopolowa vodka - wikipedia
Reviews

Txclosetgrower said:
As far as vodka goes, best i've had in a long time is Monopolowa. It's a potato vodka and despite being pretty damned cheap it is very very smooth with absolutely no aftertaste. I usually abhor vodka, to me usually tastes like rubbing alcohol, but this is good stuff.

29321.jpg

Monopolowa vodka - wikipedia
Reviews

And i STILL cant find that stuff here in Florida.

I always have a bottle of Absolute Vodka in the house, just in case... but I also like Gray Goose.

can you guys really taste the difference between good/great tasting vodka and really cheap vodka in a BM?

I can certainly taste the difference in something like a V.O./screwdriver, and some of the softer cocktails, but havent had cheap vodka in the house for a while now...I dont drink enough of it.

AlabamaJack said:
can you guys really taste the difference between good/great tasting vodka and really cheap vodka in a BM?

It may be just me but the cheap stuff gives me a helluva headache even if I have just a little:shocked:

I can, and I do like Gray Goose... overrated or not. Absolute is a bit more available, and that's fine. :cheers:

I may make my bloody marys so hot I can't tell the difference :cheers:

Back