• 🔥Cyber Monday BOGO sale on memberships, info HERE!

Bold Badger Sauces 2019 sauce giveaway

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
I don't want to take up an entry anyway! :) But that sounds awesome, and I want another one, will work it out over PM ;)
 
ShowMeDaSauce said:
Just for grins i went to his website and chose 3 bottles. Its only $8.75 to ship which i think is a really good deal especially considering the price of the sauce. $30 and change for 4 bottles SHIPPED!!!
 
It depends on how far it's going and the weight.  Each bottle weighs .75 lbs, and the shipping graduations are done in 1 lb increments.
 
The Hot Pepper said:
He makes killer sauces. They are ALL fermented, and he needs to add this to his marketing strategy because it goes unnoticed.
 
Also, as you can see, he is humble enough to review his own sauces.
 
This guy is the real deal. Real craft, small batch sauces with heat and flavor.
 
Thanks for the praise.  My marketing strategy pretty much consists of this thread, lol.  I also posted a similar giveaway on the facebook fermented hot sauce group.  I actually bought an ad on reddit last year but it resulted in no sales, so I kind of said to hell with advertising.  I actually sold more bottles by plugging it in /r/indianfood.  I gave away a bunch of curry tree seeds in there a few years ago so I went back and exploited all that goodwill to shamelessly sell some sauce, lol.
 
This year I'm planning to try and get it into the hands of some folks with large twitter followings in the hopes that they'll tweet about it.  On the local level, I'm still selling it at farmers markets and festivals, where people seem to love it, and trying for some larger retail outlets.  I'm going to try to get it into the little local section at Kroger this year too but I haven't looked into it too seriously yet.  I know I need some fancier barcodes.  Turns out the ones I bought from barcodescheap.com or whatever for $1.50 each aren't the kind they need at Kroger.  Also planning to hit up all the bar/grills and breweries in Lexington in the hopes of building more of a local following.
 

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
What I mean is, you need to at least mention that they are fermented. It's a buzzword. People like fermented sauces even if they don't know what they are. Perhaps you can add it to your name. Since all your sauces are.
 
Bold Badger
-Small Batch Fermented Hot Sauces-
 
U know.... :cheers:
 

salsalady

Business Member
ShowMeDaSauce said:
Just for grins i went to his website and chose 3 bottles. Its only $8.75 to ship which i think is a really good deal especially considering the price of the sauce. $30 and change for 4 bottles SHIPPED!!!
  
Bold Badger Sauces said:
It depends on how far it's going and the weight.  Each bottle weighs .75 lbs, and the shipping graduations are done in 1 lb increments.
The website quoted about double that for shipping for my 4 bottles. MFRB would be less, but whatever. Paid it, moving on.

Badger, did I order the curry sauce? If not, i would like to swap out one for that. I'll check my order later on the other 'puter.
 
salsalady said:
  
The website quoted about double that for shipping for my 4 bottles. MFRB would be less, but whatever. Paid it, moving on.

Badger, did I order the curry sauce? If not, i would like to swap out one for that. I'll check my order later on the other 'puter.
 
PM sent.
 
You're right, a MFRB would be a couple bucks cheaper.  I assume ShowMeDaSauce lives a lot closer than you do.  Shipping options are pretty limited in Magento unless you buy a shipping plugin.  I should probably go ahead and switch it all over to shopify or something.  I just really wanted to host it all myself.  The first year my plan was to actually write my own shopping cart system, writing all the back end code to integrate with the paypal API myself.  I quickly realized that was going to be a lot more work than I thought, heh.  Magento is incredibly powerful if you know what you're doing with it, but the learning curve is very steep.
 
Orekoc said:
Didn't see the comment field, so sent you a PM with the info.
 
 
Damn, apparently that's another thing Magento community edition lacks.  I didn't realize that until just now.  A comment box in the checkout is an "enterprise" feature.  Looks like it's pretty easy to do with a custom plugin, which is something I've been meaning to sit down and learn how to write.
 
Got the PM.
 
Bold Badger Sauces said:
Bhuter was #9.  Do either SpeakPolish or SmokenFire want in, or are you just lollygagging in here?  lol
Woohoo!
:dance: :party: :dance:
...at the last minute...! Thank you very much!!! This is a very generous offer! Congratulations on all of your awards.

GREAT JOB!!!
 

salsalady

Business Member
Bold Badger Sauces said:
 
PM sent.
 
You're right, a MFRB would be a couple bucks cheaper.  I assume ShowMeDaSauce lives a lot closer than you do.  Shipping options are pretty limited in Magento unless you buy a shipping plugin.  I should probably go ahead and switch it all over to shopify or something.  I just really wanted to host it all myself.  The first year my plan was to actually write my own shopping cart system, writing all the back end code to integrate with the paypal API myself.  I quickly realized that was going to be a lot more work than I thought, heh.  Magento is incredibly powerful if you know what you're doing with it, but the learning curve is very steep.
 
I'm not familiar with Magento.  I used ShippingEasy when my products were listed on Amazon.  SE imports the orders from the store, you can set up options for 1 bottle, 2 bottles,3 bottles, and also customize orders when necessary.  Pretty happy with the shipping service and they have good tech support with live people when needed.  I used maybe 5% of the capabilities and features of the ShippingEasy service.  Did have to invest in a Dymo lable printer, but that was needed anyway.  Love the automatic printout feature.
 
Anyway, I'm looking forward to some new sauces.  It's been a while and we're getting kind of bored with what's in the pantry~  :dance:
 
  
 
 
Just thinking out loud and forcing my opinion on you...

About the mystery seeds: I personally am not a fan of growing mystery's. I even make a frown when something doesn't grow true. Reading further about the seed processing, BB states that the seeds are still attached to chunks of placenta that are included in the Cup-'O-Seeds offer. Then I saw the pic of the dried seeds.

CIMG3057.JPG


IMO, keeping the seeds and placenta together could possibly make the whole "Mystery" part of growing a little more tolerable. My way of thinking while looking at that picture, tells me, "You might at least have a better chance of choosing the COLOR of pod...unless it's crossed...by selecting seeds that are still attached to the color of pod that you want."
I like pretty much every color but Red. I like red pods, but they're not usually my first choice...unless it's Red BBG or SB7J.

I hope makes sense.
Thank you for the Sauce and seeds!!!
 
I shelled out more $$$ for hot sauce off Amazon not long ago. My mechanic and the shop owner are always nagging me to make them a HOTTER sauce. Frankly i hate making really freaking hot sauce. The fumes kill me. Overkill should shut them up when they finish off the TPC Scorpion sauce :P That stuff was $6 a bottle on Amazon plus shipping.
 
 
 
Holy cow! That was super-quick! I received my choice of free bottle of Bold Badger's sauce today along with grrrrip of seeds! I chose Plum Crazy. The box looks like it was used as a step.

TWHS9fg.jpg


But everything inside was packaged superbly. No damage. And....Wow! Look at all of these seeds!!!

yLWHr14.jpg


Thank you very much for this awesomeness!!!

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound so bah-humbug about OP seeds. There's nothing wrong with them at all.

Thanks again! You rock!
 
Got mine as well. Couldn't wait to break the seal on this stuff, so I put a healthy dose on my Philly Sub less than 5 minutes after it came out of the mailbox! Wasn't sure what to expect since my only experience with fermented sauces is the store bought stuff. This sauce is not even in the same ball park! Way better than anything I have tried. Really captures the funky chinense flavor of the 7 Pot, but not in a pungent or overpowering way. Thanks again for this generous offer. Can't wait to pass it around to the chiliheads at work.
 
Top