• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Bonchi grow light!

Hello All,

I recently chopped up one of my red hab plants and figured I would give making it into a bonchi a chance.

Already chopped it down to size and xplanted it into the bonsai pot.

Question I have is there a simple light from home depot or somewhere I can use as a desktop lamp for the plant to keep it going?

It is in a south facing window but still does not get a TON of light due to trees.

Thanks in advance!!

-Steve

My basic goal is to get one similar to what Fatalii has on his guide, 8-10 inches tall 6-7 inch canopy a few pods for fun.

Im terribly new to indoor growing and lights, what is a fixture splitter?

Looked it up is there any particular curly pigs I should buy? or does any old light bulb give the right color spectrum?

Thanks!

-Steve

If you don't mind a painter's type work light, you can go to HD/Lowe's/etc and get one for ~$10. Toss in a CFL or LED bulb in the "daylight" range and you should be fine. I buy the bulbs at the upper lumens range. The painter's light will clip to anything and you can adjust it to throw the light where you (your plant) needs it.
I've been OW'ing my Red7PJ & Red TSM the past couple winters this way. I get the ocassional winter pods but I don't count on much til they get back outside.
I'd post pics but I find it a pain posting here..

Willard,

I thought of this however it is in my opinion a question on how to GROW this certain type of pepper plant (bonchi) rather then a discussion about "Discuss lights, heaters, irrigation systems, greenhouses, and DIY solutions. Show off your inventions!

I was more asking how to do effectively, and if it was possible to grow a plant on a desktop, then which light to use.

That being said if a moderator feels the same please feel free to move it I was just hoping to get advice.

And, the question you asked was:

>>>>>>>>Question I have is there a simple light from home depot or somewhere I can use as a desktop lamp for the plant to keep it going?

Seems to refer to lighting

Back