• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Bonchi.

Hey all,

I created a few Bonchis after having to shut down the grow room a few weeks ago; a few are taking off, here is one:

23mvt3d.jpg

- Mega

Yeah it wad rough. But things are not all bad. If you see the back left is a very beautiful chocolate scorp, and on the right a very sick something (Brain Strain or Yellow 7). Strangest thing it was just taking off in front of that window then one day... Bam it starts dropping leaves and has not stopped. It just might be my next bonchi project.

This one was fun though I have no idea what it is, C. Chi for sure. If I had to guess Id say Naga Morich.

gday, I also have a few plants that i chopped down.

They are now looking like real bonzai's and are flowering and starting to pod up.

Are you going to slowly brush away soil from around the roots so they start to become exposed??

I think it will become more popular as people see it as a good way to overwinter whilst keeping the plant going.

In aus we are lucky here where i am the winter is still 20deg C so plants will grow and even pod for maybe 8 months (from my experience)

looks mighty fine. I havent had such luck with overwinters or bonchis. All died after the transplant.

Any tips?

when i cut mine down i did it at night and soaked it with water. THat was it basically, then i left it in the shade for the next few days, then left it under shadecloth for a week or so. Now its in full morning-midday sun. It survived out January which had an average high of 37deg C

Okay you have me hooked. I grew many bonsais and was part of the bonsai club back home in the Caribbean but gave it up when I left for the US. Now I will pick it up again using chilis!!!

Honestly, I can't say what I am doing right or wrong. I just gave both the branches and roots a good whack... stuck um in a pot, put them under an HID.... and yeah they are all coming back just great. VERY SLOWLY.... I think it help that these plants were in great shape when I cut them back.

- Sean O.

I had a few last year...but lost them to a virus. Can't wait to start some up at the end of the season. I have a couple that should make excellent candidates if I can keep them healthy! Keep us posted on your project as it starts taking shape!
Shane

Back