• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

bonsai ideas

I have now got the bonsai bug and im looking for good ideas on what to bonsai as of right now here are my bonsai ideas. my selection process for when choosing a plant to bonsai is three criteria each plant must have at least two of the three criteria edible rare and cool flowers. let me know any ideas, insight, or if you have seeds and want to trade. try to suggest small fruiting plants like don't suggest I bonsai a grapefruit or bell pepper. feel free to look through my grow list and suggest any of those too.

BONCHI:
Capsicum rhomboideum
capsicum pubescens
capsicum flexousum
capsicum praetermissum
capsicum eximium
chiltepin Amarillo
chiltepin "nursery plant"

BONSAI:
GOJI Berry
wasabi

Any of the peppers seeds you have should work, I have a Jay's Ghost scorpion in a 1 Lt. pot and it's doing really well  I'm sure you could trim and mold a pepper plant that would look really cool..

Mr. Hill said:
Any of the peppers seeds you have should work, I have a Jay's Ghost scorpion in a 1 Lt. pot and it's doing really well  I'm sure you could trim and mold a pepper plant that would look really cool..

I have done a couple bonsai peppers already just looking for ideas on what other people would like to see because I cant think of anymore.

How about Pomegranate, you can grow them from seed too just get a fresh one and plant the seeds, I have like 30 I stared last year. Real easy to grow from seed and I'm sure you could Bonsai them.  

Mr. Hill said:
How about Pomegranate, you can grow them from seed too just get a fresh one and plant the seeds, I have like 30 I stared last year. Real easy to grow from seed and I'm sure you could Bonsai them.  
I like the idea of pomegranate. I was thinking about miracle fruit but cant find affordable seeds

Nightshade said:
I like the idea of pomegranate. I was thinking about miracle fruit but cant find affordable seeds
also any you don't Bonsai you can plant outdoors if you have room too.  It should only take two or three years till you get fruit.. 

Should be getting seeds of miracle fruit pretty soon so pretty stoked about that!!! Should have a great amount of weird bonsais!! If anybody knows where I can get some wasabi seeds or rhizomes would appreciate it greatly.
Also will post an update of my bonsais once they look good. Still open to any ideas.
Ocho Cinco said:
I saw a very awesome Chinese 5 Color that was turned into a bonsai.
I believe you are talking about the Bolivian rainbow bonsai and you have to see his other ones pretty amazing guy has a talent

Nightshade,  you've probably seen this link, but for others interested in BonChi growing... here's a great link~
http://www.fatalii.net/Bonsai_Chiles_Bonchi

Please post pics when you get to that point.  Looks like tons of fun!

oops- guess it's bonchi not BonChi.  :)

When you mentioned other weird types and not to suggest huge things like grapefruit I instantly thought: Key Lime.

As for chilies, colour and look-wise CGN21500 might be cool.

I would really like to do a couple bonsai/bonchi but I'm gonna have to wait a few years for a nice thick (AND wicked looking) trunk. We have a cool red Asian maple of some sort in the yard I'd like to take a cutting from as well.

Takes so much damn patience! Where's my instant gratification?! Heh.

Edit: Had another thought.. Lychee Tree.

salsalady said:
Nightshade,  you've probably seen this link, but for others interested in BonChi growing... here's a great link~
http://www.fatalii.net/Bonsai_Chiles_Bonchi

Please post pics when you get to that point.  Looks like tons of fun!
oops- guess it's bonchi not BonChi.  :)
 yes I have seen that link go check out his photos in other pieces of his site they are beautiful 
AaronRiot said:
When you mentioned other weird types and not to suggest huge things like grapefruit I instantly thought: Key Lime.

As for chilies, colour and look-wise CGN21500 might be cool.

I would really like to do a couple bonsai/bonchi but I'm gonna have to wait a few years for a nice thick (AND wicked looking) trunk. We have a cool red Asian maple of some sort in the yard I'd like to take a cutting from as well.

Takes so much damn patience! Where's my instant gratification?! Heh.

Edit: Had another thought.. Lychee Tree.
They actually sell grafted dwarf orange lime lemon and others that when put into a nice pot and cleaned up a little look nice plus they are already fruiting. Also if you grow them right peppers can have an inch around stem the first year and then once winter is over regrow the plant to full size again to beef it up more. I was actually thinking about doing a rambutan tree bonsai.
http://fataliiphoto.net/v/key/bonchi
Check out this SL

Back