bottles-jars Boston Round vs Woozy Bottles

It really depends on your marketing strategy. The flask can look cool for Southern-style sauces with bourbon, for example. The Boston round can look good for those going for a healthy angle, or medicinal angle (elixir approach). The woozy screams hot sauce, you know what is it from a distance. It's all up to you and what you want to do.

Also depends on the viscosity of your sauce.  If the sauce is thin and requires an orifice reducer (aka dropper top) I've never seen reducers sized for boston rounds.  The 4oz BR has a smaller neck than woozie, so a thicker sauce will be harder to get in and out. 

I also look at the chow-ability of the sauce.  If it is superhot that most people will be using only a drop or two, the smaller size might be appropriate.  If it is a milder sauce that begs to be splooged all over a full plate of nachos, a 4 oz bottle might only be enough for 1 serving.  

Lots of things to consider~
SL 

Defcon Boston rounds are 16 oz, bigger opening than a 4oz BR, I'll keep a eye out for those elusive BR reducers. They must be like Santa and the M&M dudes....."they DO exist!" :lol:

A 4oz Boston round is not really for sauce, it's more for the cosmetic industry. The fact he said 4oz, I say, no go! But the bigger ones are great. I'd say at least 8oz.

I agree, I wouldn't use less than a 6-8 oz for typical hot sauces.  NW Elixers, Defcon, lots of companies use the larger bottles.  I used the 2oz size when co-packing Incinerator for Candice.  But that is NOT a typical hot sauce.  That is one of those one-drop sauces.

If you are trying to lay things out for a long term business plan, just start looking at and weighing the options, and there are a LOT of options, and priorities may/will change as things develop.

While the look of a BR may be cool, it really only ties in with the lab look (defcon) or old tyme medicine (NW Elixer)  how important is the BR look for a traditional hot sauce?  Dunno, that's for you to answer...
While you may LOVE the BR look, you may find that shipping the BR's is more expensive than traditional woozies, and if it doesn't have a significant contribution to your look/brand....is the extra shipping worth it?  

And all this is irrelevant if it's all for Christmas gifts for friends and family~~~ :lol:   

Well, Have Fun with it, whatever you end up with. 

Lots of options~~~
SL

Defcon moved away from them actually. He uses the BBQ style for regular and the Heinz vinegar style for large.

Back