• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

water Bottom Watering Question

I like to use black cups that way once I get them out in the sun, the black absorbs heat and keeps the soil warm enough to stimulate root growth

Yes you can over water while bottom watering as well. If you are getting algae then you are probably over watering or don't have enough air circulation or a combination of the two
I hope its not lack of air circulation. Im using promix with potting mix seems like alot of perlite in the mix.. im pretty sure its overwatering . How can you tell if ifs not getting enough circulation?

I hope its not lack of air circulation. Im using promix with potting mix seems like alot of perlite in the mix.. im pretty sure its overwatering . How can you tell if ifs not getting enough circulation?
A few signs are things like fungus grow on top and the stem of the plant is not very strong.

is that because there is not enough holes in my cups? I drilled around 8 small holes in each cup

No, if they are inside under lights you have to put a fan on them. The idea is to blow air across the plants. As Joyner said 1. To prevent fungus growing on your soil's surface 2. To strengthen the stem. Perilite has nothing to do with surface air circulation.Promix and pperlite helps the roots but not the surface

No, if they are inside under lights you have to put a fan on them. The idea is to blow air across the plants. As Joyner said 1. To prevent fungus growing on your soil's surface 2. To strengthen the stem. Perilite has nothing to do with surface air circulation.Promix and pperlite helps the roots but not the surface
all my plants are outdoors and get PLENTY of wind and movement. They have been outside since they sprouted and arw about 3 weeks old. I guess I got air circulation confused with circulation in the soil.. I was just worried that my water was not draining properly

I think someone should make a "bottom watering How-to" and "sticky icki icki, ooohhhhh eeeiii....."

would help out a lot of people. I tried to search for info, but a step by step, with pictures would be sweet...

all my plants are outdoors and get PLENTY of wind and movement. They have been outside since they sprouted and arw about 3 weeks old. I guess I got air circulation confused with circulation in the soil.. I was just worried that my water was not draining properly

Ok yea if they're outside then sounds like over watering.

Back