• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Bought an old house :)

Hot Portugal and cayenne's ripening now.

Xg9VKqE.jpg

OmVvHlE.jpg

harvested a bunch of Dill yesterday and made it into a paste with Coconut oil, that way it lasts. The rest are doing good and Ripening.
Tomatoes coming in too, Purple and regular. Seabuckthorn has branched out from the base, no flowers/berries yet. Potatoes still going well, more flowering.

uCxEQuT.jpg

aGwEZ59.jpg

AFmihsd.jpg

vrUyePQ.jpg

6hRyadU.jpg

uaZnCJ9.jpg

pDk2XqJ.jpg

fcd97iE.jpg

Notice some seeds have come out of dormancy, if peppers don't come up I recycle the soil, so it looks like it took them 5 months, problem is I have no idea what they are so will be a surprise :)
WxWtBAt.jpg

Tried my new Cayenne's and was pleasantly surprised, they have nice heat. The burn lasted at least 20min and gave a good general heat in the mouth when I ate one. I previously abandoned growing them because they were less then a Jalapeno and not what I was used to years ago. Gave it another try and got these from Rona at a good price, will keep these seeds and see if I can keep my two plants over the winter. The Long Joe Cayenne have not produced yet so no idea how they are.

Y5MwalF.jpg

Hot Portugal Peppers

Nice and sweet, first impression was that of a Red Bell Pepper but this has more concentrated flavour, solid flesh, heat lever about a notch above jalapeño. First impression is it would be a great sauce/ferment. Its a Keeper, great Flavour. Collecting Seeds :)

K5OyYEG.jpg

You've been moved in for what? Alittle over a month?

Damn!

Your neighbors must be looking at the verdant jungle in your back yard that was just a bare spec of yard a month ago, and shaking their heads. :)

Purple Tomatoes are doing well, nice and shine but not ripe, had one, hard like apple but no taste, never grew these before so dont know what to expect. Got some regular ones going but their still green, once their ripen hoping the purples will be too. Zucchini doing well too finally, had a bunch drop off :(
Worked on the Shed and installed a rack and hooks for the tools and pots, can walk around in their now without breaking neck, looks better outside too without all the pots laying around lol.

JmClLl0.jpg

bc4gzPi.jpg

cNSoH45.jpg

Beautiful plant, dragonsfire! I was just watching pod reviews on the Cheiro Roxa yesterday, as a matter of fact. They sound really tasty. I'm gonna have to incorporate those into my grow one of these years

Tomatoes doing well, potatoes leaves yellowing a bit from the rain last night. MamaMia peppers ripening, bees still popping around nicely. Peach habaneros also growing nicely , wonder if Il get any fruit this year from it. :)

lOHsccX.jpg
MGWJvdO.jpg
HcleG55.jpg
fIDnJh2.jpg
lWlaXAL.jpg

dragonsfire said:
Tomatoes doing well, potatoes leaves yellowing a bit from the rain last night. MamaMia peppers ripening, bees still popping around nicely. Peach habaneros also growing nicely , wonder if Il get any fruit this year from it. :)

lOHsccX.jpg
MGWJvdO.jpg
HcleG55.jpg
fIDnJh2.jpg
lWlaXAL.jpg
Hmmm no mention of the deer how's the deer doing? Hopefully it didn't become dinner [emoji51] j/k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont knwo about the TOmatoes, they were given to me, have to ask what type they are, havent gotten around to it.
The deer has been nibbling, have not seen anything from her. Im not one to do something like that to animals :)

Grew extra dill, love the stuff and want some to stock up :)
Rhubarb I transplanted not doing well, did well then drooped :( give him till next year and if he does not come back hes out, 5 years long enough to nurcher this buy.

9rbofVb.jpg
8g88D8u.jpg

Ghost plant got lots of flowers the last couple days. Tried the Cheiro Roxa, holy crap that was hot, was unexpected, they were mild last year but this one was at least a Thai level and maybe a bit more, heat lasted about 20 min in the mouth.
Everything looks more yellow because of the smoke clouds , Sun is giving off a nice copper tone light.
Z1CQIuQ.jpg
N4vFTW7.jpg

rH6gQ63.jpg

dragonsfire said:
Ghost plant got lots of flowers the last couple days. Tried the Cheiro Roxa, holy crap that was hot, was unexpected, they were mild last year but this one was at least a Thai level and maybe a bit more, heat lasted about 20 min in the mouth.
Everything looks more yellow because of the smoke clouds , Sun is giving off a nice copper tone light.
Z1CQIuQ.jpg
N4vFTW7.jpg

rH6gQ63.jpg
Looking great nice color on that last pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back