• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Bought "Carolina Reaper Seeds" but peppers are different.

Hello, a bit before April I bought some "Carolina reaper" seeds on ebay and thought they were that until recently when the peppers started to grow. Compared to unripe carolina reapers I seen on the internet, this looked very different and I soon came to realize that this wasn't what I had bought. The flowers are very small and white, and some of the stems have a purple colour wherever they join as seen in the picture below. Unlike the carolina reaper, the biggest pepper from all of the plants right now is longer than a reaper and looks more like a jalapeno right now. Could anyone help me identify what they are? If required, I can take some pictures with the sunlight tomorrow including some flowers as these images don't have the best quality.
Pepper1.jpg

Pepper2.jpg

SpeakPolish said:
Those are called EBay Reapers. I cannot tell for sure now, but its an Annuum. Probably a cayenne or Thai. But update us when they ripen.

Agree they look like cayenne or thia or serrano.  Definitely not reaper.  Check our vendor vault section of the forums for those who would send you true seed.  :)

SpeakPolish said:
Those are called EBay Reapers. I cannot tell for sure now, but its an Annuum. Probably a cayenne or Thai. But update us when they ripen.
Close relative of the Reapers originating from the Amazon.

Never buy seeds from Ebay or Amazon.

Back