• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Boyle's Irish Scream

Like I said in the comments field of the review "Great review. I am very pleased that you linked to the dangers of artificial colors."

imaguitargod said:
Like I said in the comments field of the review "Great review. I am very pleased that you linked to the dangers of artificial colors."

More than disappointed, I was just confused. Everything else in the sauce was so good, why screw it up with that sorta stuff??? I guess it must have had a color they didn't like or something...:)

I would assume it was cuse they didn't like the color....but then again people do things for the oddest reasons. Did you email that review to Porky's or ask them why they used those colors? Maybe they don't know of the dangers and your email will make them change...

imaguitargod said:
I also avoid artificial colors and flavors... but everyone raves about El Yucateco sauces, and many say that's their table sauce, yet these have artificial colors. Why is that? Is there a version without them, or do people just not care?

LinNJoe said:
More than disappointed, I was just confused. Everything else in the sauce was so good, why screw it up with that sorta stuff??? I guess it must have had a color they didn't like or something...:)

Irish Scream, yellow and blue make green, seems like a marketing gimmick.

Sad.

Hmmmmmm......I wonder.....Did Porky's get an okay from CaJohns to use the name Irish Scream? Perhaps they bought the sauce from them?

I have CaJohns Irish Scream in my collection. This sounds about the same. A jalapeno hot sauce with no heat and loads of green dye.

Ooops! I guess I should have read the whole review. Habanero and cayenne definitely weren't in Cajohns version. Perhaps this is a better product. Being a fellow Tennessean, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

I tasted this at Zest Fest and liked it so much I bought a bottle myself. Very tasty sauce.

As for the artificial color...it seems unesesary but it won't stop me from eating it. I eat as many natural and organic whole foods as I can most of the time and a zminnimum of processed foods so a little bit of junk isn't going to kill me overnight.

Back