• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

bpiela 2015 Glog PODS!

Hello all,

I am going to try to do a glog with the plants I am over-wintering this year.  Last year, all of my OW plants died.  :doh:  I have changed some things this year. I hope to have better luck.  :pray:

For starters, I picked up another set of lights.  I think I will have better lighting all around for all of the plants.  Second, I took each plant in and washed the soil from the roots and placed in brand new Happy Frog potting soil.  I started watering frequently and have now relaxed the watering schedule to an as needed basis.

Unfortunately, I have an aphid problem.  Funny how I never see the aphids on the plants while they are in the garden.  But, I have purchased ladybugs and they are fixing the problem as I speak.  Once the aphids are gone, I will post pictures of the plants.

I am over-wintering 15 plants this year.  I chose plants that were either producing the best or ones that I really wanted to give another chance to.  Some plants were grown from seed.  Others were purchased.  The list is:

Plants that I had purchased from Refining Fire Chiles:
Bahamian Goat
Chocolate Habanero
Chocolate Scotch Bonnet
Devil's Tongue

Plants that I had purchased from the local nursery:
Bhut Jolokia

Plants that I grew from seed from Pepper Lovers:
7 Pot Primo
Yellow Brain

Plants that I grew from seed from Fatalli.net
Black Naga
Gourmet Jigsaw Fatalli
White Fatalli

Plants that I grew from seed from Pepper Joes:
7 Pot Douglah
Red Peter Pepper
Pumpkin Habanero

Plants that I grew from seed from Baker's Creek:
Goat Horn
Caribbean Red Habanero

I thought it would be nice to list the vendor's that I purchased these seeds from, but I also purchase seeds from other vendors and forum folks that are awesome.  Just because I didn't save plants grown from seed from the other vendors doesn't mean that I don't love them.

I hope to have pics up in a day or so.  All suggestions or recommendations are always welcome and appreciated.

Found these growing on my OW Gourmet Jigsaw Fatalii!!!  Woot!

uGCu2JQ.jpg

Adding in pics of the garden for this week. Tried to reduce the size a bit.

Starting with the Cukes and Tomatoes. Cukes just getting to the height where they will start to grow up the fence.
8EL46Nj.jpg

Mostly annuum rows. Should have some Cayennes any day now. The Mini Piperka has some peppers as does the Ros de Mallorca.
HjqNYRM.jpg

The mostly baccatum rows. The Aji Colorado has 3 fairly large peppers on it. Should harvest them real soon.
RFcjVhu.jpg

The chinense rows. The MOA has 4 peppers on it. The Paper Lantern has a couple. The Monkey Face has one large pepper almost ready to go.
MskaBCP.jpg

The OW's. The Gourmet Jigsaw Fatalii has multiple peppers on it. The Douglah looks the best.
5UcnbVO.jpg

Whole garden view
ABkY1da.jpg

I have a few plants that didn't make it into the garden. Decided to pot up a White Bullet Habanero that is doing well.

mo17Y5N.jpg

Ok. Got the standard round of pics for the garden. Most plants have pods on them so that is awesome. Had my first picked pod, it was a Yellow Monkey Face. Hot pepper but started very sweet. Having some leaf issues that I posted about outside of the glog. Need more Magnesium on a few baccatum plants. Discovered some plants I got from Bonnie were mislabelled, but life goes on.

Here we go with the right most pic of the garden of the cucumbers and the tomatos/tomatillos. Got tons of flowers on the cukes and a few tomatos forming:
xo10qLs.jpg

As we move to the left to the mostly annuum rows, most of these plants have pods. Looking to the Candlelight and the Cayennes to ripen first.
Juwxx84.jpg

These rows, to the left again, have baccatums near the top and a mixed bag near the bottom.
dMdxmjj.jpg

To the left are the chinense rows. The Scotch Bonnet MOA has a number of pods. Most plants are setting pods. Still to set pods are the Carolina Reaper, the Brown Moruga, the Naga Morich, the 7 Pot Bubblegum and the Peach Bhut SS.
RXUfKGY.jpg

To the left again is the OW row plus some more chinense. All of the OW's look good except the Black Naga which is still pretty much a stick. I have a Devil's Heart plant that is not an OW that has a couple of Pods on it. Should be good..
Ph9t1ey.jpg

Finally, I turn the corner and get a pic of the whole garden. Stuff is growing. That is good.
Z85rgFY.jpg

Time to start posting pics of individual pods.

Here is a nice pic of a Vezina Piperka from a plant purchased from Refining Fire Chiles.
1DUNxoL.jpg

Staying with plants that I purchased from Refining Fire Chiles, I have two more pics. The first one is a Ros de Mallorca, a big stuffing pepper. Next is a Purple Ghost Scorpion. Yeah.
Xw1MrN1.jpg

AfFFKe0.jpg

Two OW pics. For starters, all but one of my OW's that made it to the garden are kicking buttocks! All have grown huge and have many pods. Here is a 7Pot Douglah that has 15-20 pods. Can't see all of them in the photo but they are there...
XqA724H.jpg

Here I am showing that I planted two of them way too close together. This pic is taken from a birds eye view, looking down. At the top is a Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw with a ton of pods and below, growing right into it is a 7 Pot Primo. Although they are growing very close together, I am getting tons of pods.
5YFEs5j.jpg

I wanted to finish up this post, with two peppers that seem to be growing different than expected. One is a Yellow Hendrix, seeds saved from a unknown F1 hybrid from Ignite (Steven Canaday). Pods are not looking like the Yellow Hendrix pods but I guess that is expected when trying to grow seeds from a hybrid. Still fun.
uQG9ZVd.jpg

Here is a Aji Melocoton that is grown from seeds from Judy at Pepperlovers. I am thinking that these might have been mislabelled. I will reach out to Judy to get her opinion. What do you think?
IG64LBP.jpg

A couple more. Can't help it.

MOA's:
p4lVIjF.jpg

oS7MhvN.jpg

Bahamian Goat:
c5bdAF3.jpg

Petenero:
K0et3RU.jpg

Tomatillos are starting to take off:
6VUHfcB.jpg

Latest pics of the whole garden.  I like these pics because it shows the growth over time.

Starting from the right as always, here is a shot of the cucumbers and tomatos:
facg4Nv.jpg

Next is the mostly annuum rows.  Lots of growth here:
fBnmPKL.jpg

I guess when I show these pics, it is hard to see individual peppers.  I will post more pod pics soon. 
Here are the mostly baccatum rows.  Well, the baccatum plants are at the top.  The rest seem to be struggling.  Going to fert again this weekend:
75QrFqH.jpg

Next, all chinense.  Lots of peppers on these plants:
9lUCYnR.jpg

Next, the mostly OW row.  These plants are podding up like crazy, although it is hard to see:
VHDrLFi.jpg

Last is the whole garden pic.
8Fdy3ZM.jpg

Latest picks:

Jay's Peach Bhut Jolokia
939SnNL.jpg

7 Pot Douglah's. Got a ton of these.
nYxHlnA.jpg

Naga Cappuccino's. Monsters.
PIE7sLF.jpg

Ghost
EWxK3VI.jpg

Not Aji Melocoton. Any ideas?
HI9rD0i.jpg

Great looking pods!
Whats your source for Cappuccino Nagas? Are they supposed to be real nagas or a cross?
The color (orange-ish?) does not seems right to me and pod shapes suggest me is probably still unstable.

Cya

Datil

Back