• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bpoole's 2015 grow

Just going to start by saying how excited I am about this grow season. I didn't try to grow anything too hot until it was too late last year. By August I had about 15 Bhuts and 3 Scorpion plants. I gave half to my cousin but most of his died and mine became infested with aphids and just couldn't get rid of them so now I only have 3. Last year I grew the normal peppers you find at walmart and only aout 4 varieties. This year I am stepping it up to about 30 different types. Most of the seeds I got from beerbreath81 who got them from other members and a site www.tradewindsfruit.com and also some seeds from Dougthehead. Below is my grow list. I would also like to grow some other chocolate types, hot chocolate, reaper, and fatali. I also have some yellow and red brainstrain. If anyone sees anything they would like to trade for please pm me. I received a good amount of seeds and can't grow them all so I have no problem trading.

Growlist:                                                              
Aji Lemon Drop
Aji Cito
7 Pot Douglah (yellow)
Douglah (red)
Devils Tongue (yellow)
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion (chocolate)
Trinidad Scorpion
White Habanero
Scotch Bonnet (yellow)
Scotch Bonnet (red)
Bhut Jolokia (white)
"                 " (peach)
"                 " (red)
"                 " (yellow)
"                 " (orange)
7 Pot Bubblegum
5 Color Chinese
Datil (yellow)
Thai Pepper
Cherry Bomb (chocolate)
Zimbabwe Bird Pepper
Barrackpore
Large Red Thick Cayenne
Cayenne Chile
Yellow Moruga
Giant Jalapeño

These are the remaining Bhuts from last year. I heard that putting two pepper plants in a 5 gallon could actually make them more productive so I decided to try. I think one is sucking up all the nutrients though.
JydoYSA.jpg

Dpx9NLg.jpg

HMitnDy.jpg

This is a little greenhouse I have been experimenting with. You can see the dark box inside. In the box I am trying the wet paper towel in plastic bag technique. Put those in on the 12th. Its in a box in the greenhouse because that is the warmest place in my house.

HIL3Plp.jpg

And yesterday I received this heat mat with pete pellets to try and regulate temperature better. These were done tonight.

GBzjvrH.jpg

All in all I probably have close to 8 seeds for each plant so If they all germinate I will most likely have some to send out to people who would like some. Remember to pm me if you are interested in seed trading. Good luck to everyone's grow, I'll be back in a couple of days!

Tomorrow will mark one week of the plants being in the grow box and I can tell there is a big difference. First pic is of last week..
pfnKEKS.jpg

And the pic I took this morning..
KzLReit.jpg

The small new on the bottom that are on the second row I added in last night. Got a couple Chocolate Fatalis, Reapers, Trinidad scorpion, Caramel Moruga, Chocolate Habanero, Orange Habanero, and finally a Datil!!! Still waiting for a couple more Zimbabwe Bird Peppers and my Large orange Thais for the grow down to pop.

Runescape said:
Whoa, looks like youve got lots of space...
I've got a 12x16 area just for the peppers. I am going to extend to about 15x20. Most will go in that area. Some will go in pots like the Zimbabwe bird peppers and the 5 color Chinese. Maybe a few more so I can keep them over the winter.

If you look back through my blog you will see I had two plants in a 5 gallon bucket. I transplanted one of them and kept the bigger of the two. It seems to be out of shock and growing again and today I counted over 20 small buds that will become flowers.
There are five just in this one image below...
pSQ8C3a.jpg

A couple more....
zVHyh3q.jpg

The only problem is that this plant is only about 10 inches tall. Should I just pick the flowers so the plant concentrates on growing taller or what?

Bpoole55 said:
plant is only about 10 inches tall. Should I just pick the flowers so the plant concentrates on growing taller or what?
Yeah, its probably a good idea to pick them off, so the plant doesnt get a bit stunted...

Runescape said:
Yeah, its probably a good idea to pick them off, so the plant doesnt get a bit stunted...
I did it. I figured if all those grew to be peppers the plant would have a hard time. Figured if I picked the flowers the plant would put the energy into growing taller instead of producing fruit...

Runescape said:
Am i trippin or are there no peppers on that blueprint?

What tomatoes and strawberries are you growin?
Trident chilli said:
Great plan ... so much room wishing you a bountiful season .. but a Runescape said " where are the peppers"
Haha don't worry, these are my two other vegetable gardens. The pepper garden will go to the left of the first garden above and will be about 15x20

Another update!

Week two
KzLReit.jpg

Today (week 4)
eLot76W.jpg

Hopefully going to be able to put these guys in the ground in about 2 weeks to a month. In the mean time...
Been working on the garden today.
1PASDCP.jpg

Went ahead and bought some plants from walmart just to see what I can get away with square foot gardening wise. Putting a couple hundred seeds in the dirt tonight that will go out in a month or so. More pics to come soon!!!

Runescape said:
Wow, thats some impressive growth right there...
The light shave been on almost 24/7, just started turning the lights off at night. And by the way I forgot to answer your last question. The strawberries we bought last year from Walmart and are still in the ground but they didn't produce too well last year. As for tomatoes, we are getting seeds from my moms friend at her work. She is a master gardener and has many different types, not sure what we are getting though

So its been awhile, been pretty busy with work and trying to find another job. Got off today so I thought Id do an update..

bought some veggie plants from lowes the other week and planted them to see how close 'i could get them and they still grow. Unfortunately we had a surprise visitor one of the nights and this is what Im left with...
EdsZt9i.jpg

Bought a tiller the other day for $100 and started working on the pepper garden until the rain began. Here is a before picture, after picture to come later..
Caonfxj.jpg

Here is a picture of the pepper plants at this point..
Bk8QzZ7.jpg

I havent watered the plnts awhile now, some are starting to look terrible but they have been watered now. Also, I saw a couple of my plants doing this..
ByVoRoV.jpg

The plant is now curved and Im guessing roots are starting to form at the base of the stem. Anyone know what I should/could do to straightin out the plant? I would also assume that I just need to add a little more dirt at the bottom for the newish roots forming. Any Ideas anyone?

This is the progress so far on the pepper garden. Girlfriend decided she wanted to help a little. Extending the plot about an extra 5 feet this year, should hold almost all the peppers.
8bhuF2o.jpg

Bpoole55 said:
I would also assume that I just need to add a little more dirt at the bottom for the newish roots forming.
Yeah, just add some more dirt...as for the leaning...is it leaning toward the light? if so, try rotating the plant so it starts leaning the other way lol

Back