• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review BrAiN sTrAiN by Pepper Ridge Farm (Cappy) Review

First video sauce review. I don't hate it (the review that is) I love the sauce. Enjoy the video guys.

I would like to say that, this sauce did knot up my stomach just a little bit. I had to eat something even with a full stomach. I think my mouth is broken....lol Awesome sauce Cappy!

http://youtu.be/yzFhVZJUy4o

I apologize, in the video, I refer to the ingredients of the first batch Cappy released. This bottle I am sampling from is I believe the third release in the 10oz woozy's. Here are the actual ingredients of this particular bottle reviewed.

Quote "I am releasing a very limited number of 10 oz. large bottles of my extreme 10++ all natural 7 Pod mash based hot sauce. This is a brand new batch made with mandarin instead of clementine and ground chipotle powder instead of fresh chipotle peppers. I use a 10L crock and ferment my peppers for 3 months, then cook with pineapple, carrots, onion, garlic, lime, mandarin, freshly ground chipotle powders, brown sugar, water, and vinegar. No preservatives or pepper extract. This is a hobby hot sauce with a limited number of bottles available" end Quote

Thanks MR. MOJO :hell:

He has used extract in previous version/versions (I know at least one) of Brain Strain. It was his own home made extract though, as apposed to commercial extract. This sauce which was his last limited amount edition, did not contain extract.

Thanks Ky. I would of liked to describe the flavors of the sauce a little more but ay whatcha gonna do. I'm going to run out of it soon EEK!!

3/5king thanks for the review but I cringed when I saw that big spoonful you ate. Great job I really don't know how you handled it so well yu have a mouth made of steel, I don't use that much sauce in three meals. I think the average chilehead would have a very hard time doing that much Brain Strain. I have just 4 bottles left and they can be found at BrainStrain7.com, and a fermenting crock full of 7 Pod mash with another batch on the way. Thanks again.

Thanks Cap. By no means is this sauce mild. It is a hot sauce. It just doesn't set my mouth on fire, has a great burn though. The endorphin buzz is great and it get's to your stomach a little after a heaping spoonful. (Which can be calmed by some nice greasy food....) so you know it's made with superhot peppers.

You might just have to set aside that whole crock for me at the rate I'm going through this. I finished off one 10oz bottle and I'm almost done with the second. :mouthonfire: I probably use two of those spoonfuls on a good meal. Make a 1.75L jug! Awesome sauce Cap. I'm always looking forward to the next meal I can find a new way to incorporate this into. :hell:

Back