• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Brain strain, gut pain and fatalii by golly...

Ate 1/2 of a "brain-strain" 7-pot today.... OUCH!
Instant STING, then it built the pain for 2-3 minutes before ever so slightly easing up. WOW!
Now about 9 hours later, I can still feel it in my guts!

I now have ripe fatalii, and the ones I have secluded for seeds are HUGE! I'll post picts with a ruler after I pick them, but they are pushing 4 inches.

P7050050-1.jpg

P7050049-1.jpg

Hey Katrina where did you get your brain strain? There is nothing else like a 7 pod and the gut burn until it exits your body. These things are like extract candy. Pain is guaranteed if you dare to eat one. Congrats on making it through!

Congrats Kat. I have not tried the 7 Pod Brain Strain, but the 7 Pod I tried last season left me feeling the same way. It doesn't feel like your sick but is annoying just enough to let you know it's there. It is crazy how potent these peppers are.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Hey Katrina where did you get your brain strain? There is nothing else like a 7 pod and the gut burn until it exits your body. These things are like extract candy. Pain is guaranteed if you dare to eat one. Congrats on making it through!

PRF... I guess I shouldn't just go around calling it "brain strain" but they looked the same and HURT LIKE HELL! I got the plant from my sister this spring. I'll have to ask her where she got seeds. She has a big farm in KS.

origamiRN said:
Do you have pics of your brain strain 7 pot?
The only pict I have is of a green one...
brainstrain.jpg

Josh said:
Congrats Kat. I have not tried the 7 Pod Brain Strain, but the 7 Pod I tried last season left me feeling the same way. It doesn't feel like your sick but is annoying just enough to let you know it's there. It is crazy how potent these peppers are.
It was warm all day, then this morning, um.... ouch!:shocked:

Silver_Surfer said:
Nice Fataliis Kat.

Here's one of my 4 inchers picked 6-30-09.

Fatalii-2Ripe.jpg
VERY NICE!!!
Mine are very yellow.... not really orange.

I am cooking down a sauce as we speak with orange tomatoes, fatalii, garlic, and PEACHES!!

Kat

Yes, I saw the recipe and it looks very delicious.

My Fataliis are very yellow as well, but turn to that orange shade when fully ripe. They seem a little sweeter when orange, but when I'm picking yellow and orange ones get plucked.

I'd wager yours would turn orange too if given the chance. ;)

Thanks SS... I am never patient enough!
I will leave some on the plant for a while and wait for the Orange to show up.

Thanks again

Back