• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Brain strainxBhut jolokia cross?

I've been searching the forum and online and can't find any info or even what it's called? I think I may have some. My bhuts are quite bumpy and they were seeds that came from a brain pod. I thought I somehow mixed up my seeds but then realized the pods weren't isolated that I got the seeds from. Any pics or names? Brain jolokia

new3.jpg

new2.jpg

Update 7/20
b945f928.jpg

57f07814.jpg

5d6666dc.jpg

a09dd34a.jpg

More pics below

how about you post a pic of the pod you got the seed from, and a pic of the pod in question, i have seen quite a few supers show bumps.

Maybe it's just me but the way you worded everything is a bit confusing...

Your bhuts came from a 7brain strain pod?

More clarification and pictures will help out alot.

Luck of the draw with random pollination.
Maybe just me, but I don't think it proper to give it a name (other than hybrid or cross) until it is as true as possible----F8 or so IMHO.

Messing with mother nature can yield wondrous results, but sometimes the only way to save a particular offspring is to keep cloning it.

Here ya go
photo5.jpg

photo-1-1.jpg

So what I was trying to say is. I took these seeds out of brain strain pods i got last yr from pepper lover/ judy. Plant them and then they are bhuts? So im totally confused.
The top section looks like the top of a brain then they are elongated and the bottoms are either smushed or have a tail like a scorpion. Maybe Im just crazy

i dont know where you are seeing "bhut jolokia" in those pods. the super hots can have LOTS of variation in pod shape and size, wait till you get a ripe pod and eat one and see what flavor it has. looksl ike you have some cool pod shapes non the less.

x2 well said.

yes, those pods in the last pic show bhut characteristics. i say wait till one is ripe and taste it see what flavor the pods have. not sure what crosses are involved but you have a good looking plant with cool pods so enjoy! dont worry about a name, i am sure HOT as f**k pod will work for your friends

Its easy to make guesses at crosses but nearly impossible to be accurate. I certainly wouldn't give it a name unless you actually know what it is, and if its a cross don't give it a fancy name until its stable or you'll have tonnes of totally different phenotypes all with the same name

I'm not an expert, but if you got a brain pod and the planted seeds are growing with bhut characteristics, then you simply have a cross. But if you look at the pods in the first pics, then they do not have bhut characteristics in my opinion. So I think it is impossible to tell what the cross is. Just call it a a hybrid c. chinense. Enjoy those pods, they look tasty!!

Back