chinense Brainstrain Red, 7-Pot Primo, Reaper...Hottest?

You cant really place them in order since they are all very close, in heat. Say for example I have a Reaper from one grower that I eat and its not crazy hot, well...
the next Reaper from a different grower could be face melting hot! In my experiences I will rank them for you

#1. Reaper
#2. Brainstrain
#3. Primo

Here is what my experience tells me:

1.  Reaper
2.  Primo
3.  Brainstrain

If you haven't figured it out by the replies thus far, heat level is VERY subjective.  Different capsaicinoids hit me differently than they will hit you.

PepperLover said:
where is the Brown Moruga in the list
Brian?  :surprised:

Hehe, that would be above all the rest of those!  Your Brown Moruga is only topped by 2 other pods I've eaten.  The first, and hottest I've had to date, is your Red 7 Pot Lava.  The second is a 7 Pot Brown from my garden.  But every other 7 Pot Brown I've had  wasn't as hot as your Brown Moruga.

So adding the 3 hottest I've had to the other 3 mentioned the order would be:

1.  Red 7 Pot Lava
2.  7 Pot Brown (from my garden)
3.  Brown Moruga Scorpion
4.  Reaper
5.  Primo
6.  Brainstrain

If we factor the other 7 Pot Browns I've eaten into the equation then the order would be:
1.  Red 7 Pot Lava
2.  Brown Moruga Scorpion
3.  7 Pot Brown
4.  Reaper
5.  Primo
6.  Brainstrain

Edit:  Also want to clarify that the Brainstrain wouldn't even be number 6 if I made a complete list of the hottest I've had.

compmodder26 said:
Hehe, that would be above all the rest of those!  Your Brown Moruga is only topped by 2 other pods I've eaten.  The first, and hottest I've had to date, is your Red 7 Pot Lava.  The second is a 7 Pot Brown from my garden.  But every other 7 Pot Brown I've had  wasn't as hot as your Brown Moruga.

1.  Red 7 Pot Lava
2.  7 Pot Brown (from my garden)
3.  Brown Moruga Scorpion
4.  Reaper
5.  Primo
6.  Brainstrain

If we factor the other 7 Pot Browns I've eaten into the equation then the order would be:
1.  Red 7 Pot Lava
2.  Brown Moruga Scorpion
3.  7 Pot Brown
4.  Reaper
5.  Primo
6.  Brainstrain

Edit:  Also want to clarify that the Brainstrain wouldn't even be number 6 if I made a complete list of the hottest I've had.
Have you tried Judys BS? If not you should! Its quite wicked!

megahot said:
Have you tried Judys BS? If not you should! Its quite wicked!

Yep, tried it too.  It was as hot as all the rest I've tried.  I'd rate them all collectively as an 8/10.  Where the rest I have put on that list above all are 9/10 or higher.

IIRC, I've tried BS from Cappy, Judy, Chris Joyner, Jamie, my own plants.  There's somebody else I'm missing, but I can't seem to recall right now.

1. Brown Moruga
2. Brain
3. Primo
4. Reaper

I know u tried them all
So I think u r right ;)

Hehe, that would be above all the rest of those! Your Brown Moruga is only topped by 2 other pods I've eaten. The first, and hottest I've had to date, is your Red 7 Pot Lava. The second is a 7 Pot Brown from my garden. But every other 7 Pot Brown I've had wasn't as hot as your Brown Moruga.

1. Red 7 Pot Lava
2. 7 Pot Brown (from my garden)
3. Brown Moruga Scorpion
4. Reaper
5. Primo
6. Brainstrain

1. Red 7 Pot Lava
2. Brown Moruga Scorpion
3. 7 Pot Brown
4. Reaper
5. Primo
6. Brainstrain

Edit: Also want to clarify that the Brainstrain wouldn't even be number 6 if I made a complete list of the hottest I've had.

I don't think any objective views can contradict ur real lived experience
To me u like bill Moore have been deep into the core of the volcano
I don't think many have more experience to reflect on eating peppers

romy6 said:
 That all depends on when it was grown and how. I have had primos hotter than brains. But I have brains hotter than primos. Also I have seen so many different strains of brains it is crazy. 

My thoughts exactly.

I've not had a reaper, but had plenty of the 7 brains, and Primos. They've been neck and neck. Some hotter than others, but no clear cut advantage.

Having never had a Reaper, I'd go with;

1. Brainstrain
2. Primo
3. TS-Moruga
4. TS-Chocolate (Baker's Peppers)

I've had Chocolate Scorpions from other folks but Dale's were significantly hotter for some reason.

The answer is there is no worlds hottest, only your hottest. All those pods are on the same playing field and grown under different conditions or from different sub strains it is literally impossible to get a 100% accurate reading on them. Peppers hit everyone differently. You hurt need to try them all and see what is the hottest doe you. And then keep trying because the heat is always changing.

Numbers mean nothing. Sure, you get your name in a book but in two days someone else is gonna come along with the next worlds hottest and say your testing is wrong, the pod isn't stable, or you didn't give your human sacrifice to Ra.
But to answer the original question,

Brain
Primo
Reaper.

I have a half dozen or more which I think are hotter than those three though.

Here's an honest question...

Why is it important to rank them anyway? Are you planning to be another stunt eater? Enjoy all of them. They all have good points.

I've never met a hot pepper I didn't like, just maybe the taste of some is better than others.

Back