wanted Breeder for hire?

I'm hoping to get a Black Hungarian or Czech with a Serrano. Heat in the middle of possible but definitely want the black skin. Both are Annuum
I can 100% cross a Black Hungarian with a Serrano for you.
However, there are many types of Serrano and selections may vary from one vendor to another.
To ensure you were happy with the cross, I would have you send me the two varieties you wanted crossed.

For every couple (I marry plants together), I will video the cross being emasculated as well as cross-pollinated.

Here is a place I have had very good luck with as far as plants and plant shipping is concerned. serrano

If you would like, I can cross each different type of Serrano offered by the above link (serrano) with Black Hungarian. That would give you numerous lines to work forward. I can place a straw marker over it so you can ensure that you are getting the exact cross seen in the video as well.

I do ask for a small donation to Disabled American Veterans of $1.00 or more with my name as the Honoree if you wish for me to do this for you or for anyone else interested.

Here is an example of my work.

To proceed:
My name/address is:
Eric Knight
6000 Watkins Road
Wendell, NC 27591

Phone 919 5229969

I will do this for anyone... friend or foe so long as the donation is made, I receive the plants or pollen (cuttings with flowers not open for instance) and I receive a self-addressed stamped envelope/package for seeds or fruits. I request enough postage be sent to cover the charge of shipping as well as a signature upon delivery that the post office will require to deliver your crosses.

Disabled American Veterans please remember, your donation is tax deductible.

I'm hoping to get a Black Hungarian or Czech with a Serrano. Heat in the middle of possible but definitely want the black skin. Both are Annuum
PS, if you don't want to go the plant route, which I would recommend if you wanted the cross done fast. I will germinate the seeds as well for any plants you want crossed together. Just understand that while it may save you money, you end up waiting longer. With that understanding, it is also possible that with seeds I could make many more of the crosses with many more plants and as selections do matter, even with a so called stable heirloom, this would afford you more genetic diversity and more lines. I'm here to play for you. I can't take too many pepper crosses on though after May... I get started crossing too many crosses of my own.
Hope I can be of service to you and if not, I hope someone else can help you. Just remember, you will need to source the genetic material to me and back from me.

Easy enough to do yourself given both are C.annuum.

If not be prepared for a 3-5 year delivery schedule if you want your product stabilised.
Serrano and Black Hungarian are not too different from one another and being that they are both Capsicum annuum, I'm betting you could stabilize this one in two generations, although it would take three generations to prove your f2 out and determine which of the lines you had at f2 was the stabile one. Now, if you were breeding also for some sort of disease resistance or such... again, provided one of your parental generations had the disease resistance you were looking for you could in theory get your plant selection in the f2 that was also disease resistant. It boils down to numbers and probabilities in the end as well as testing the line out in large numbers. 200 seedlings of each line if sown out and those that breed true are selected to go forward. You could end up with several stable lines differentiated by some minute feature or pathology from one another.

I see you have requested a hybridizer do this particular cross for you and then everything went silent.
I'm here to tell you that I am going ahead with the serrano "Hot Rod" x Black Hungarian. There are so many different serrano out there that it was highly unlikely I was going to pick the one serrano you wanted to utilize, but there you have it.... I will also be utilizing some of my own crosses to Hot Rod serrano and several differeent jalapeno phenotypes this season.

Back