• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Bresseler's Cherry

Hi,I recently obtained pepper seeds labeled Bresseler's Cherry. I've never heard of this variety and apparently google hasn't either,I checked,and Google has nothing. So,I was wondering if anyone here might have some info on this particular variety. Even the smallest tidbit of info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Wayne

I have Besler's Cherry plants in my garden. It's a very prolific plant and the peppers are very large chiltepin type - also quite tasty and hot.

It's a very hardy variety and I have one that's four seasons old.

Another interesting thing is that I get very many volunteers from the seeds it throws off.

Bob

I have Besler's Cherry plants in my garden. It's a very prolific plant and the peppers are very large chiltepin type - also quite tasty and hot.

It's a very hardy variety and I have one that's four seasons old.

Another interesting thing is that I get very many volunteers from the seeds it throws off.

Bob

Thanks Bob. Sounds like I got lucky then. Oh,is the growing season for Beseler as long as a regular chiltepin?

Hi Grimm

Yes - it's a late season pepper. But, my 4 year old plant is the first of my pepper plants to have mature fruits. Its about a week away.

Hi Grimm

Yes - it's a late season pepper. But, my 4 year old plant is the first of my pepper plants to have mature fruits. Its about a week away.

Thanks again Bob. Looks like I'll have to wait til next year. No biggie though. Gonna have plenty of others to hold me over

Back