• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Brian2112's 2011 so far

These are the few little hot heads for now.... im just running out of room in my apartment and my Sphynx cats like to eat leaves if i put some by a window... lol

photo-1.jpg

good luck this season...pray for an easy hurricane season this year...

3/17/11
Update

Its in the 70's here now, so I put of of the plants out, hopefully they will like it!
IMG_0172.jpg

Orange Habanero
IMG_0173.jpg

Naga Morich
IMG_0174.jpg

Tobasco
IMG_0175.jpg

Black Prince
IMG_0176.jpg

Trinadad Scorpion
IMG_0177.jpg

Absolutely beautiful plants!

Yours are at least a month ahead of mine, even my overwinters! What a difference a couple hundred miles of latitude makes!

How 'bout some more recent photos?

Thank you Windchicken!
More Recent Pics...

Cajun Belle
IMG_0237.jpg

Black Prince
IMG_0238.jpg

Tobasco
IMG_0240.jpg

Exsplosive Ember
IMG_0239.jpg

Orange Habanero
IMG_0241.jpg

Trinadad Scorp BT from Hippy "wind damaged" Yellow 7pot
IMG_0242.jpg

Trinadad Scorp? "ebay who knows"
IMG_0243.jpg

Douglah from Hippy
IMG_0244.jpg

Bhut Jolokia from NMSU
IMG_0245.jpg

Looks like they stood the wind pretty well. Very nice choice of varieties. The Explosive Ember is gorgeous.

Is that Black Prince this year's planting? I have three that look just like that, but they are overwinters!

The explosives are great. First year i have grown. Love the color. Black prince looks very similar..will have to look into that one

So i take it you leave all your plants in pots? Just looking over your plants again..man those are really nice. That black prince one is huge and very very beautiful. Love the colors of that. I know..its about the pepper..but I like colors and shapes and looks of plants as much or more than the peppers themselves.

What you said, Mike! I think I love growing these plants as much or more than I do eating the chiles.

Black Prince will get very tall in the ground, given enough time and plenty of loose, deep soil...I had 3 in-ground plants last year that were still growing at around 5 feet tall when the frost killed them, and they had been planted very late in the season.

mmcdermott1- yes, they are all in pots... i live in a apartment, so i cant have a garden....
But just watch out when i do have my own place.... its ON then! lol

Back