• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Brian2112's Garden Update

Some of my plants that are in the ground that i started in my apartment at the beginning of the year... I have recently moved from the apartments back to my home town of Vacherie Louisiana where the raised beds are, so im going to start making my own raised beds pretty soon for a late season garden.
But for now, here are some pictures...

Tobasco
IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

Purple Cayenne
IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

Super Cayenne
IMG_0455.jpg

Jalapeno
IMG_0454.jpg

Trinadad Scorpion
IMG_0452.jpg

Trinadad Scorp Pods!
IMG_0457.jpg

Big Scorp and Habanero Pods!
IMG_0458.jpg

Some Tobasco, Naga Morich, and Scorps!
IMG_0459.jpg

Hell yeah that is a huge tobasco. Congrats on the garden. Thank the lord there was no garden at the apartment or moving them would have been more of a pain in the neck. Looking good so far.

looked back up....do you have a creek running along there? Free natural unchlorinated water. +1
Yeah, it's a little creek that leads into a bigger creek, then goes into a lake. And yes I do use the water from it often, and it must be fertile ground because we have never added ferts to the soil ever!

Wow, Brian, those Tabasco plants are gorgeous! And ripe Scorpions already...beautiful!

Congratulations, and Hope your having a great 4th!

Wow, Brian, those Tabasco plants are gorgeous! And ripe Scorpions already...beautiful!

Congratulations, and Hope your having a great 4th!

Thanks man!
Yeah, all of the plants are starting to set pods like mad right now, it's a good sight.

Hope you had a good 4th too!

Great looking plants and crop, do you harvest the tabasco's while still green and pickle them or do let them fully ripen?

Yeah, it's a little creek that leads into a bigger creek, then goes into a lake. And yes I do use the water from it often, and it must be fertile ground because we have never added ferts to the soil ever!

Awesome looking plants! Your statement says it all on my feelings toward fertilizers. For peppers, use as little as possible, if any.

Great looking plants and crop, do you harvest the tabasco's while still green and pickle them or do let them fully ripen?

Thanks,
I harvest them both ways, green to pickle and red to make sauce and dry to make some awesome Tobasco powder!

The water table must be just below the surface there. If you dig a hole down about a foot or so does it fill up with water?

Just looked on the map to see where is Vacherie. That explains it!

The water table must be just below the surface there. If you dig a hole down about a foot or so does it fill up with water?

Just looked on the map to see where is Vacherie. That explains it!

Yeahh, it must be the Mississippi River Ground... Lol, we grow lots of sugarcane around here..

Back