Bringing hot sauce/condiments when eating out

Hi! I'm not really sure where is the best place to post this location, but I am hoping this might be a good spot since I am kind of promoting my product, which I am still working on. 

But I need you guys help for research! I am conducting a survey to see if people do in fact bring their own hot sauce to the restaurant and how they do so. 

If you can fill out this survey, that would be so appreciated! Thank you!!!

When I was at the southern california hot sauce expo there was a guy only selling leather hot sauce holsters for your belt. He obviously thought there was a market for such a thing.. Keeping a small bottle in your pocket or purse is one thing, but wearing one on your belt seems a little extreme. Lol

Edmick said:
When I was at the southern california hot sauce expo there was a guy only selling leather hot sauce holsters for your belt. He obviously thought there was a market for such a thing.. Keeping a small bottle in your pocket or purse is one thing, but wearing one on your belt seems a little extreme. Lol

Wow that's really interesting! Maybe there is such a market in the southern states? What do you think about a necklace container? 

The hot sauce holster guy has been around for years.  Pretty cool design choices.  The man who originally started the Hot Sauce Holster business passed away a couple years ago and someone new has the business.  I don't know if the person in Cali is the one affiliated with the original holster business, but I like the idea.  

I used to have a pill bottle key chain that I kept pepper powder in.  I was bummed when the link broke, never got around to fixing it~  :(

MikeUSMC said:
My wife got me a beer holster for my belt for "hands free BBQing" a few years ago for Father's Day ;)
Your belt goes through the top loop, and there's a strap to go around your thigh, so it doesn't bounce all over the place when you walk, lol

IMG_5754.JPG

chelybowl said:
Wow that's really interesting! Maybe there is such a market in the southern states? What do you think about a necklace container? 

So I am guessing your product will be a necklace. I would not wear one, but if you have something cool that you think people will wear, make sure to file a patent so you are the only company that can make it. If it's really cool you could license it to others companies, and you know who might be interested? Hot sauce companies, as a gimmick/promo. Or novelty gift companies, or maybe even a diamond studded one for someone famous, but you'd be paid the licensing. So just make sure to file that patent if this is something you are going to manufacture.

I don't do it. I do ask for hot sauce that they have, usually from the kitchen, not bottled sauce. For example, if eating at a Mex joint, and they have a habanero salsa served with an appetizer, and I order the burger, I will ask for some of their habanero salsa. Really don't like to carry anything around.

Wife chimed in.  I dont know the title, but she used to be some muckidy muck in a nursing home kitchen.  She was responsible for making sure the kitchen met health code and nursing home law.  She says bringing outside food into a food establishment breaks with most states health code.  She tells me residents could have their own food / condiments in their own rooms, but bringing anything into the dinning room was a no no.

Isnt it funny how many laws we can break without even knowing it?  I dont think anyone actually cares about this one, but it is funny that it exists.

Back