• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Brisket

Here's a brisket it's been about 4hrs now....
And some chicken breast....

image_zps99fddc19.jpg

image_zps5a31f94e.jpg

Ok I just checked it and took a few pics....

25B75CDC-3DDD-4059-BAEC-66821191FF72-8310-000004948A22EBC6_zps397b4812.jpg

74E7E310-1E0E-4FE3-BF07-1F6873DB3F2F-8310-0000049494716B67_zps8c3d2fc2.jpg

The chicken parts look dang scrumptious.
I was thinking about firing up the smoker my dang self but it ended up only a thought.
Let's see that brisket!

Where's the leg quarters? They smoke much better! Juicier from that fat. THIGHS! Breast meat... ehh. Good for other things but not the smoker. Even grilled is better. Just me... :)

Bring on the brisket.

I agree^^^^ chicken breasts are terrible slow cook foodstuffs. Leg quarters are JOOOSEEEEEE! Turkey breasts, on the other hand... oh my friggin GAWD! I smoked one today.... jammed it up with creole butter injection... added a capful of liquid crab bloil to the injection marinade...... I don't know how to properly type the sound of a turkey-gasm

Here it is 12 hours later ...

Btw chicken came out good and juicy... It was
Perfect... If ur chicken comes out dry then u doing
Something wrong.....

I will be cutting brisket later on and we be posting
That up also....

ACD900F9-7F85-4A41-AB84-87498E540827-8310-000004ADC66CA051_zpsc65a4426.jpg

Brisket Seasoning

Brown sugar
Salt
Black pepper
White pepper
Garlic
Onion powder
Paparka

Brisket 12hrs on pit..

Chicken was around 2 hrs temp was like 165.

That brisket ROCKS! Perfect smoke ring, perfect bark, looks moist! WOW!

Btw chicken came out good and juicy... It was
Perfect... If ur chicken comes out dry then u doing
Something wrong.....

It's more of a preference thing, the fat of the leg quarters gives it the flavor and I guess the smoke attaches to it, I find white meat on chicken really hard to flavor, it always tastes the same... out of the oven or off the smoker. Brined, marinated, whatever. The skin tastes different, but inside it's just white meat. Faint smoke ring, not like on dark. To me, leg quarters are the better cut for smoking and grilling. JERK thighs... oh yeah.

Now I love wings though. Buffalo, smoked, whatever. Just fun to eat. But I guess the dense breast meat just doesn't do it, juicy or not... not much flavor. Even been the best Q places. Juicy, yeah, but the breast, once you get past that skin and micro layer of smoking, could have been baked or broiled. To me it's a waste of time on the smoker and I usually get a package of thighs and more pork products. Cooking a whole bird is cool though. I like doing that. Tied up right the whole thing is juicy and good but I'll grab a thigh ;)

Back