food Brisling Sardine

paranoid much?    J/K

i know jim carey is lame. it`s just a handy gif. i wish i could eat sardines but i can`t. i love fish but only white meat. my wife loves sardines and buys them frozen and they are 8-10 inches long. she grills them and lays them out on top of portuguese bread. and proceeds to pick the meat off the bones and spine and then flips it over and then picks the meat off the other side all the while the oil from the fish is dripping into the bread and that is the icing on the cake. she is in her "smelly fish" heaven and i`m yakking in the corner. sardines in the can is for rookies. these whole sardines when cooked indoors make the house stink for days!!!

luvmesump3pp3rz said:
paranoid much?    J/K

i know jim carey is lame. it`s just a handy gif. i wish i could eat sardines but i can`t. i love fish but only white meat. my wife loves sardines and buys them frozen and they are 8-10 inches long. she grills them and lays them out on top of portuguese bread. and proceeds to pick the meat off the bones and spine and then flips it over and then picks the meat off the other side all the while the oil from the fish is dripping into the bread and that is the icing on the cake. she is in her "smelly fish" heaven and i`m yakking in the corner. sardines in the can is for rookies. these whole sardines when cooked indoors make the house stink for days!!!
I used to buy them off a bait barge back in the day. For fishing, never thought about frying them up. I’m a can rookie! I usually get hot sauce or mustard ones because I usually eat them at work. I hear the matiz Spanish ones are pretty good.

boutros said:
I used to buy them off a bait barge back in the day. For fishing, never thought about frying them up. I’m a can rookie! I usually get hot sauce or mustard ones because I usually eat them at work. I hear the matiz Spanish ones are pretty good.
my wife buys them in the frozen food section in our supermarkets right next to other seafood like squid and octopus. you don`t want to be eating baitfish. 

dragonsfire said:

Good ones dont smell bad.
i think i should clarify. canned sardines are not what smells bad to me. its the larger frozen ones that my wife buys that when cooked indoors put such a strong fishy smell throughout the house that i find unpleasant. to some it smells wonderful. it`s just my personal preference, i like white fleshed fish that it mild tasting. i don`t care for fish that is too "fishy", if that makes any sense. i really want to like them.

If the "fishy" is cooked with certain ingredients it smells wonderful.

Mussels in white wine and garlic. You walk into a joint cooking these and it smells heavenly. And you can still smell the mussels. You know right away what it is.

Also paella smells wonderful whilst fishy.

White wine does a lot! Perhaps get your wife to try it. The smell of the sea just needs some enhancing.

luvmesump3pp3rz said:
my wife buys them in the frozen food section in our supermarkets right next to other seafood like squid and octopus. you don`t want to be eating baitfish.
I know bro. Never crossed my mind. I did bite the head off of one when we were having a bad day fishing tho. Watched too much Deadliest Catch back then or something I guess.

I think it is time to recreate this sandwich. I have plenty of marmite on hand, need to get some good sprouts andgood pumpernickel is hard to find here.

texas blues said:
Sardines.

Healthiest food.

I eat sardines on toasted bread.

On tacos.

On Sailor Boy Pilot Bread.

Plain out of the tin.

With hot sauce.

I don't post much about it.

Many folks think sardines are just bait.

Or cat food.

But sardines feed the planet.

Anchovies too!

Marmite is okay.

But too expensive for what it is.
t

I was in the middle of asking you what the heck is Sailor. Boy bread and then... boom crackers!!!!!

Elpicante said:
I was in the middle of asking you what the heck is Sailor. Boy bread and then... boom crackers!!!!!

Best cracker on the planet.

An Alaskan staple.

I gave a box to my dear sweet ma's partner Ken.

Likes to be liking them with sardines.

Peanut butter and honey.

Cheese.

Summer sausage.

He now buys cases of them.

From Amazon and sends them out as gifts to family and friends.

His daughter tried them.

And she is sending boxes now out for Christmas gifts.

Sailor Boy Pilot Bread is that dang good!

The Goya are better than the Pilot Boy.

goya_crackers.jpeg

Back