• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Broke the tap root when repot Cocoa,, is that ok?

Broke the tap root when repot Cocoa,, is that ok? Still Has a few roots ok. But does not have many roots for some reason. Root did not break right off. Is that a bad thing? Should I cut it off? The leaves are drupping now, my gf is bugging about pulling it out of the dirt.. I though would have been root bound and come out with all the dirt.. Like I said in 6 months did not have many roots. Tree is about just over 3 feet. Tap root was about 1 foot now maybe 8 inch left after break.

It's a longshot if the plant is already dropping leaves. You definitely shocked it. Treat it like a bare root plant. The roots are gonna be ineffective for a while. Mist the leaves. You need to create a humidity dome or place a plastic bag with a few tiny holes over the plant. Even though it's humid in Thailand, the humidity bag will help more. The goal is to help the leaves retain moisture while the roots have time to recover. Good luck.

Its not what I'm used to seeing such a good looking small tree with almost no roots. Is there any way to get it to grow more roots?

Ok here is a pix
IMG_0229.jpg

Back