• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

BrookSideSuperhots 2018 - taking it up a notch

Getting the seeds organized for what I hope will be a better year! Weather was weak for peppers last year so hopefully it is hot and dry all summer. Working on a final list for plant out starting mid February that will hit the greenhouse in April as well as a second grow list for plants to sell at the farmer's market. Hoping to focus more on fresh pepper sales this season to my fellow Canadians after good initial results last year!

I got some amazing peppers from orders and trades this winter so here's to 2018 and best of luck to everyone growing this addictive and painful produce :)

List to follow.

422264a57c1e8f38c12c200ebdac8bcb.jpg

So, this is a chocolate primo from whitehotpeppers. Justin sent me seeds for a real barnburner of a pepper. Hands down the worst, most violent, most immediate (no delay at all) & intense burn I've ever experienced. Full blow torch mode from the 1st second. It's brutal. No flavor, just pure capsaicin. Scary. Do yourself a favor and grow some of these.
d4d83618c9bbb1ee7eba4b9011f3c1c2.jpg

c0883c054ce9ef78ac85ca3f2bc944ab.jpg

3b25832b6bba52e360a99b2a88798f56.jpg

212bc79663c4758a1a83a832877ba6a0.jpg

Going to cross this thing with a peach moruga and see what happens next year.

Sometimes you luck out. Have been looking for a legit peach BBG7 forever. I planted only ONE red BBG7 large this year and it turned out peach! Amazing! A natural variant and the plant is super productive. Second one looks orange but it's just the light.
be61d72bdc7b41880057fa3bbe1ef858.jpg

b6f7712505f5676862f4f673a3dd12f9.jpg

BSH said:
Crossed a peach moruga and a chocolate primo. Will repeat until it takes
Try it on every available flower until it works. I learned last season that the success rate can be very low, even though sometimes you get lucky.

And that cross is going to be gnarly as h££ after seeing your parent plants!

Nice grow! Peach pods dont seem to get too much attention but are my favourite for flavour and you seem to have a good selection of peach superhots. That peach moruga looks sick and very similar to my Peach A King BOC. That Choc Primo looks mental..

BSH said:
Sometimes you luck out. Have been looking for a legit peach BBG7 forever. I planted only ONE red BBG7 large this year and it turned out peach! Amazing! A natural variant and the plant is super productive. Second one looks orange but it's just the light.
be61d72bdc7b41880057fa3bbe1ef858.jpg

b6f7712505f5676862f4f673a3dd12f9.jpg
:woohoo:
I had this same thing happen with a slightly different plant. I planted a Purple Flower BBG, which is supposed to ripen red. Parentage is Purple Ghost Scorpion x BBG Peach Ghost Jami. My Jami took a dump earlier this year, but the Purple Flower BBG ripened to an orangey-peach!!! Trying to isolate and will probably clone this one.
xcBnTsp.jpg

0np4O9v.jpg

Here it is next to a PeachGum v3.
9PQQDi7.jpg

So with Purple Ghost Scorpion as a parent, the placenta may have purple tinges/colors. I'll update after I cut one open. I too, love peach pods!

Very evil garden, Brandon!!!! Hooray for the Peach BBG!!!!

UPDATE:
Ok, it's a little hard to see, but with a flash, you can pick up the purple on the walls.
v8WsHrT.jpg

Sorry for clogging your glog.

Bhuter said:
:woohoo:
I had this same thing happen with a slightly different plant. I planted a Purple Flower BBG, which is supposed to ripen red. Parentage is Purple Ghost Scorpion x BBG Peach Ghost Jami. My Jami took a dump earlier this year, but the Purple Flower BBG ripened to an orangey-peach!!! Trying to isolate and will probably clone this one.
xcBnTsp.jpg

0np4O9v.jpg

Here it is next to a PeachGum v3.
9PQQDi7.jpg

So with Purple Ghost Scorpion as a parent, the placenta may have purple tinges/colors. I'll update after I cut one open. I too, love peach pods!

Very evil garden, Brandon!!!! Hooray for the Peach BBG!!!! [emoji1303]

UPDATE:
Ok, it's a little hard to see, but with a flash, you can pick up the purple on the walls.
v8WsHrT.jpg

Sorry for clogging your glog.
Amazing pods Adam! Post away lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back