• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Brown Scotch Bonnets

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if any of you were grown brown scotch bonnets? Would love some pics, as I have a few growing in OZ at the moment. Only small but. Are they similar to choc habs?

Cheers

Mitch

Not growing them this season but i bought a box of peppers that had 5 nice looking elongated golf ball size dark brown ones i saved the seeds from, I should have tried one but i was making sauce and they went in there.
Good luck with them they look cool

Here's a shot of a Chocolate Scotch Bonnet pod from a plant I'm growing this season.

4c7767f7.jpg

I have a Tobago Sweet Scotch Bonnet from Non isolated seeds.
They are a red/brown,more like a dark burgandy.
Pods aren't ready yet,have no idea what they taste like.
Could have crossed with a super hot for all i know...

I haven't grown Scotch Bonnets yet but I grew some chocolate Habaneros this year that look exactly like the photos above. Unfortunately I've so far only managed to get two peppers (one of them is still on the plant and is now finally turning brown). The flowers kept falling off even though the rest of the plant looks healthy. I think they may have been overwatered. On the other hand, the Peter Peppers are doing very well though.

Anyway, I cooked a dinner with the chocolate Habanero and it was absolutely delicious. Extremely pungent. It made me decide to try to overwinter the plants and try again next year. I also decided to buy some seeds again, this time from a different place. This led to me also buying Chocolate Bhut Jolokia, Butch T and Brain Strain seeds and then thinking, hold on, I had better join a forum and learn more about growing these things! Last time I tried growing Bhut Jolokia I was living in the highlands of Scotland and growing them outside in a greenhouse. They never grew that large. I'm now living in southern Germany which should improve my chances and am thinking about buying grow lights. They actually sell Bhut Jolokia in the market in the centre of Munich.

You can blame the taste of the chocolate Habanero for bringing me here :)

I haven't grown Scotch Bonnets yet but I grew some chocolate Habaneros this year that look exactly like the photos above. Unfortunately I've so far only managed to get two peppers (one of them is still on the plant and is now finally turning brown). The flowers kept falling off even though the rest of the plant looks healthy. I think they may have been overwatered. On the other hand, the Peter Peppers are doing very well though.

Anyway, I cooked a dinner with the chocolate Habanero and it was absolutely delicious. Extremely pungent. It made me decide to try to overwinter the plants and try again next year. I also decided to buy some seeds again, this time from a different place. This led to me also buying Chocolate Bhut Jolokia, Butch T and Brain Strain seeds and then thinking, hold on, I had better join a forum and learn more about growing these things! Last time I tried growing Bhut Jolokia I was living in the highlands of Scotland and growing them outside in a greenhouse. They never grew that large. I'm now living in southern Germany which should improve my chances and am thinking about buying grow lights. They actually sell Bhut Jolokia in the market in the centre of Munich.

You can blame the taste of the chocolate Habanero for bringing me here :)

Welcome

Back