• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Bubblegum?

Bought some seeds from pepperjoe which arrived today. Included were 2 packets of free seeds. Anaheim, and bubblegum. According to their website, it’s a 7 pot strain that is still breeding out for stability?! Anybody have any experience with this pepper?

You might want to post here:

Reactions: jrm
cB2JKoY.jpg

The BBG7 is known for having an extra large calyx with the color of the pod bleeding into it. So red BBG7 have a large red calyx, yellow ones have yellow calyx, etc. I grew the white variant of the BBG7 for a couple of generations. Even though white is a more recent color variant, it grew true for me both times. The pod on the far right of the photo is a white BBG7.

On the down side, the ones that I grew were not that productive. The calyxes were so large that the flowers had a hard time opening.

Among the varieties in my present garden I have a number of plants that are bubblegum related. Among them is Borg-9, my variety of this doesn't have a bleeding calyx however of all the absurdly potent chiles coming out of my garden Borg-9 might be the most insanely hot among them.

I expect the BBG7 genes have a lot to do with that.

In my likely ignorant opinion BBG7 strains are some of the hottest and most impressive peppers on the planet.

Bought some seeds from pepperjoe which arrived today. Included were 2 packets of free seeds. Anaheim, and bubblegum. According to their website, it’s a 7 pot strain that is still breeding out for stability?! Anybody have any experience with this pepper?
I got the same two freebies myself a week or so ago. I might try that Bubblegum next year. I bought Mustard Moruga Brain and Chocolate Bhutlah seeds.

Back