Buddha's Hand

Check this wicked thing out, I picked it up at HEB Central Market for 4 bucks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddha's_hand

3048962453_24dc415875_o.jpg

3048962185_1639fd79e9_o.jpg

Looks awesome, I've never seen that before. Thanks for the wiki link, very interesting. Too bad there are no seeds in it! ;)

fineexampl said:
i've seen these. such a creepy fruit and apparently not very edible, though you can eat it. how does it smell?

Fantastic! It's so much more fragrant than a lemon. And it has a pretty unique smell too. It is extremely fragrant even if you don't scratch the skin or anything. Like enough to smell up an entire room. I'm going to use it for the zest, probably going to use some of the zest in a flan, and possibly candy some of it. Right now it's just decorating my TV stand lol. Thing looks wicked, its about the size of a small pineapple.

You brought that 'thang into the house? You're going to wake up one morning with that 'thang stuck to your face and a tentacle down your throat! Later...some mild chest pain.

Cheers, TB.

That's new to me and I think it's great! Hang one over the cat box.

Txclosetgrower if you do end up making candy I would really like to sample a piece.

Yeah, candy does sound like a good idea....my girl is making a flan tonight using some of this, I'll probably go buy another one and make candy out of it tonight since the flan won't be ready until tomorrow some time and she has a sweet tooth lol. When she comes down I have to play chef. Tonight it's jerk chicken w/ sweet potato fries. But yeah man if I make candy i'll mail you a few pieces. Hopefully it keeps the same awesome smell it has fresh.

Check this out that buddha's hand is a type of citron and this is about candied citron:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succade

texas blues said:
You brought that 'thang into the house? You're going to wake up one morning with that 'thang stuck to your face and a tentacle down your throat! Later...some mild chest pain.

Cheers, TB.

Sigourney! Heeeelllppp!

Back