• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Buds starting on Jalapeno plant?

Are these tiny drop on my jalapeno plant starting to form buds? I know they are hard to tell and still super young but I'm betting they are the site for some flower growth.

Closer shot

This buds for you!  

I think SavinaRed may be thinking along the same lines as me, that you may want to snip those buds off if the plant isn't that big yet. It's tough to do when you've been waiting but you will divert the plants energy back into root production as opposed to fruit production.  Pinching them off now can increase your eventual pod size and overall yield. 

Thanks all! I might snip the buds. The plant is in a 3 gallon pot, newly transplanted. The plant is probably 7"-9" inches tall.

Yeah snip those sumbiatches.... I just had to do the same on my small reaper plant, I'm like dude your 7" tall and ugly as can be and you wanna try to fruit, no way man......but it will pay huge dividends in the end for us...

sp33d said:
Yeah snip those sumbiatches.... I just had to do the same on my small reaper plant, I'm like dude your 7" tall and ugly as can be and you wanna try to fruit, no way man......but it will pay huge dividends in the end for us...

Hahahahahaha

Back