• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Buffalo Wild Wings Blazin Scoville

Mustang2.jpg

nice setup creator, that stang has got some git up and go :) will prob be even more awesome with the new heads and cam, you gonna get the new heads a good p&p job?

nice setup creator, that stang has got some git up and go :) will prob be even more awesome with the new heads and cam, you gonna get the new heads a good p&p job?
The hardest part I'm having, is actully choosing which heads, which cam and which rear. It's really driving me nuts.

The hardest part I'm having, is actully choosing which heads, which cam and which rear. It's really driving me nuts.

The rear depends on how much whp your layin down, I would go 3.55 rear if your puttin out 400 or better at the wheels, and maybe 3.73's if your in the mid to high 300's anything under 350 rear wheel HP I'd say go with 4.10

Creator, I totally agree with your scale. When someone tries a chili sauce, do they say "This is a 210,545 scoville unit sauce"? No, I usually hear that a sauce is really hot, or it's medium, etc. I have a sauce that's labelled with 'Medium', but the sauce is somewhere between mild and medium. I haven't yet come up with a good descriptive scale for this range.

Actually, my buddies and I are really into peppers and sauces so we actually talk about them in Scoville units. My really hot is around 750-1m while some buddies really hot is around 250k so using the scoville scale helps us.

Actually, my buddies and I are really into peppers and sauces so we actually talk about them in Scoville units. My really hot is around 750-1m while some buddies really hot is around 250k so using the scoville scale helps us.
Which is fine for you guys. We get TONS of people at trade shows stating stuff like, "I won't eat any sauce unless it's over 2 million SHU's", thereby dismissing hundreds, if not thousands, of excellent products on the market, preferring the 'ol 'tar on a stick'. Honestly, there is no skill at making something hot, just add peppers, but to make something that tastes good as well, there in lies the trick.

When someone asks me "is it hot" I say "nah it's not bad" then they put it on their food and they are burning up. I wonder if it is like alcohol. You know how the kind you drink on a regular basis doesn't affect you as much as if you were to drink something else...like whiskey vs tequila lol. Maybe one hot sauce even though it is the same scoville rating just is hotter to some than others. There should be two heat scales on a bottle...Normy's and Chili heads...Normy's rating -Hold on to your pants this ones gonna hurt- chili head's -hot with a nice mellow burn that lingers- lol

Back