• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Buffalo Wild Wings Challenge and Commentary

In an effort to learn more about the different types of wing challenges I went last night to do the one at Buffalo Wild Wings. This was my first wing "actual" wing challenge and yes I DID complete it. From my experience I would think that most people on this forum would also finish it. While it was extremely fun to do, the 6 minute time frame was much too long. Attached is a video of my thoughts of the experience. Please note that I have been working on sauces for a wing challenge so I do use this experience as a comparative element to help determine the "quality" of the one I am working on.
[video=youtube;n-hiwKbnRh0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-hiwKbnRh0[/video]

Nice video and commentary, very well done. Glad you had fun and that the wings were good. I don't think it would be as much fun to go thru it just for the 'pain'. I've never done a wing challenge, so I think I would be better off starting with the six minute time limit. I may have to run my own 'challenges' at home just to see if I can eat a dozen wings in 3 minutes. (I'm sure my wife would appreciate timing me as I eat wings as fast as I can :)
I'd love to make to your challenge, but the drive is a bit too long for the middle of the week. (Besides, my son from Texas will be visiting and we have to leave for the Philly airport about 3:30am the next morning).
Bill

another nice video. You should appear on Man vs Food. any idea what the ingredients or peppers/sauces were on the wings at the restaurant?

Ballzworth said:
another nice video. You should appear on Man vs Food. any idea what the ingredients or peppers/sauces were on the wings at the restaurant?

The sauce they use is the Blazin' Sauce, it's actually pretty tasty. I've seen some good reviews on it and apparently the Restaurant places the scoville between 300,000-350,000 or so. The ingredient list is:
INGREDIENTS:
Cayenne red pepper, distilled vinegar, soybean oil, salt, water, dehydrated habanero chiles, jalapeno peppers, egg yolk, modified food starch, garlic (including dehydrated), xanthan gum, lemon juice concentrate, spices, dehydrated onion, natural and artif
You can taste that it's a powder based sauce, but the starch thickens it up to what resembles a hot BBQ sauce.

Yes, the blazin' sauce is pretty much a joke. Tasty, but nowhere NEAR as hot as Defcon 1.

Tim and I ate 50 of these last weekend during the Jets game.

Granted not ALL 50 were coated in the blazin sauce....but most were.

If you want to try the Deathmatch sauce, you will also have to get some DM MKII, and Zero to go with that Defcon 1. Oh and a bunch of Pepto-bismol. :lol:

JayT said:
If you want to try the Deathmatch sauce, you will also have to get some DM MKII, and Zero to go with that Defcon 1. Oh and a bunch of Pepto-bismol. :lol:

Whaddya tryin to do, Jay?

Kill him?

:rofl:

It won't kill him, just make him wish he was dead for about fifteen minutes or so. I survived...

Actually, there is no more DM-MKII available, it has been retired. Wait until you see the new incarnation (massive evil chuckle). Should be sometime later this year, maybe Zest Fest.

DEFCON Creator said:
Actually, there is no more DM-MKII available, it has been retired. Wait until you see the new incarnation (massive evil chuckle). Should be sometime later this year, maybe Zest Fest.

Paul goes in and hugs his bottle like the nut that he is.

I can't wait for the DM-MKIII. Make sure to save me one!

Back