• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pests Bug ID: What the *&!% are these things?

Ok, I have these tiny (almost microscopic), yellow to green, long and skinny bugs running around the inside of my flowers.

I looked on google, and the closest thing they look like are thrips, though mine appear smaller.

They are inside almost every flower on my plants, even ones that are about to open!

These things are small enough to be crawling on an aphid! I had to use the same macro lense I used to get the really close up shots of flowers, just to photograph them.

The images are a bit blurry, it was very hard to focus on a little bug that wont stop moving.

Some have wings, some dont, but they are all elongated and thin.

Sdc10335.jpg
Sdc10337.jpg

Sdc10338.jpg

I also recorded two videos of them, one is a flightless one, the other has wings, and at the end of the video you can see it fluttering it's wings right before it takes off and lands on my other finger.

Heres the one with wings, watch it run around my finger and at the end fly away.

They look kinda like earwig nymphs to me. These aren't necessarily bad bugs, unless they run out of aphids and other bugs to eat. Then they'll turn on tender foliage. I say leave them unless you see visible signs of damage....

Then KILL THEM WITH FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!:flamethrower::flamethrower:

Yeah does look like your photo.

Earwigs go through several molts and there are hundreds of varieties of earwigs, but it looks like you need to break out the bug killer.

Back