• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pests Bug Identification

Hello everyone,
I help some help with a bug identification sorry I don't have a picture. It is green color with a hard shell that is tent like shaped and it seems to got after my pepper branches as it seems to keep scraping it and it is the size of a finger nail. Any help would be welcome and thank you in advice.

I don't know how to upload pictures on here, but this is the link to my flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/65922438@N08/ it is the last two photos you could see it walking up the stem and if someone could help me identify the peppers also would help. Thank you again

I was going to say green stink bug until I saw the pics, but it looks much taller than wide. It's really hard to see on the pictures though, being so blurry and out of focus. Possibly a Katy Did?

Yea once the bug caught me trying to capture a mug shot it decided to move and the wind did not help. I thought stink bug as well but was not sure. I gonna try to capture a damage it did to the branches later today. Thank you though Avon

Actually it does kind of look like a green stink bug on the last pic. The one before though it looks like it has a really tall and thin body though, maybe it's just the angle.

Did it look like this?

nezara_viridula%20_adult_oblique_m_02.jpg

You guys are awesome. Thank you for the help it is a katydid, but much smaller than the ones I have seen in the pictures. I caught it eating the flowers of the yellow peppers. Now I need to do some research on how to get rid of them because I do not think Azamax will work against their hard shells, so I flicked it to the floor and stepped on it to get a nice crunch sound before it could fly away.
Thank you once again for the information.

Spiders, it's awesome to watch them pounce on their prey
onfire.gif

If I find a spider that isn't poisonous or scary looking to me, like jumping spiders, I dump them in my garden area.

Back