• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Burning Member.....forgotten hot pepper

After buying, I had almost forgotten about Lavanga Meruppakai. a local smal hot pepper grown in South India.

While packing, I remembered the LM peppers and set about extracting seeds from good pods.
I diligently packed it in a small bag and thoroughly washed my hands with a detergent.

Since I had to pee also, I did it with wet hands.

Just when I had finished doing what I was doing, I started getting a heat shock and burning where it should not .

In next couple of minutes, My sleeping dragon was on fire with both the nuts too on fire.

Even as I am posting this, I am barely able to sit without oooh and aaahhh.

I think I have a very good hot pepper on hand.

Let me get back to US and next season, this will be the first along with DESHI to be planted.

NJA

Generally, the Guru comes out with both the followers not far behind.
You see it is not a specific singling out affair.
Thanks for entry into the club.
If I remember correctly (which is rare), this is 2nd time after my first encounter with Naga Jolokia 4 years back.

NJA

With all the bad luck you're having I just hope you don't get caught smuggling seeds, it can be a very serious crime in some places

Been there done that also.
After stemming, seeding and chopping a 1/2 lb. of orange habs for my salsa (I was living on my sail boat at the time) (I never use gloves) I finished and put it in the refrigerator and sat down for a smoke. Not thinking (duh?) I rubbed my eyes generously and shortly realized what I'd done.
Long story short; my eyes slammed shut, watered profusely and refused to open for more than a nano-second. Couldn't see to do anything, so I just sat there and went through it; the pain was transcendental and lasted for almost 20 minutes.

I'm guessing he'll mail out to someone or himself to avoid this issue. :)

POTAWIE said:
With all the bad luck you're having I just hope you don't get caught smuggling seeds, it can be a very serious crime in some places

AjarnV said:
Been there done that also.
After stemming, seeding and chopping a 1/2 lb. of orange habs for my salsa (I was living on my sail boat at the time) (I never use gloves) I finished and put it in the refrigerator and sat down for a smoke. Not thinking (duh?) I rubbed my eyes generously and shortly realized what I'd done.
Long story short; my eyes slammed shut, watered profusely and refused to open for more than a nano-second. Couldn't see to do anything, so I just sat there and went through it; the pain was transcendental and lasted for almost 20 minutes.
so been there lol, just have to sit there and smoke y our cigi. once after the whole season of eating orange habs on every dinner / lunch ( pick 3 - 4 a day was a good plant :D ) i rubbed my eye after slicing a orange hab, i could open it ( only 1 eye ) but i constant stream of water was pouring out of it the whole time.

@OP

i'll be sending the newsletter for the Hunan Dong Club Members Quarterly soon ; ).

man 2 weeks ago i did it i was planting some aji lemon drop seeds and touched my eyes and about 4 hrs later went to the bathroom and OWWW

Back