• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Bushy Savina

This has got to be the bushiest plant I've had to date. It never looked like the other seedlings as it was setting out shoots from all kinds of crazy angles almost immediately after it got it's first set of true leaves. I'm not complaining about it I'm just really surprised at how it's growing. All my other plants have been somewhat symmetrical in the early stages, but not this one. It's staying rather compact as well. I'm not sure if it's all the direct sun it's getting or not, but it would be nice if it would stay that way. The stalk is thickening up as well. I'm hoping it'll keep over winter and be a decent producer next year.

Here's a few pics from different angles. It's still in a 4" grower pot. Is this kinda bushiness normal for the savina?

RedSavinasideviewsept1709003.jpg

RedSavinasideviewsept1709002.jpg

RedSavinaangleviewsept1709.jpg

RedSavinaTopviewsept1709.jpg

Looks very healthy. I wish my plants would start bushing out like that, my biggest is 25" tall and still one single stalk and still going up.

BTW how old is that plant?

I have 3 savina plants and one did the same exact thing. The original main stalk is still 6 inches tall, while the side shoots are over 3 feet. But it has grown very well and is extremely bush and productive.

I have two Red Savinas that stayed compact and really cranked out some pods. They are both flowering up again for another crop. Great pepper and plants, one of my favorites. Beautiful, fat, tasty pods with enough heat to keep me happy, but not overpowering like a 7 Pot.

Back