• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

[Butch T Trinididad Scorpion] Older leaves large, droopy, fade to yellow, and fall off

I have been having minor issues with my three Butch T Trinidad Scorpion plants over the last two months. All three plants exhibit the same symptoms: loss of turgor in older leaves which eventually turn completely yellow and fall off the plant. Newer leaves near the top of the plant stay green and are smaller and don't droop. I know that every plant will lose some leaves naturally, but I am losing about 3-6 older leaves per day off of plants that really don't have that many despite their height. Note: you may see some hornworm damage if you look closely. Had to pull about 8 of them off 3 days ago. Grrr! But that is not the issue at hand. My soil is a blend of Promix HP and bagged worm compost with a bit of Tomato tone. I have side-dressed once with Tomato tone, however I do feed the plants with a rotation of Botanicare Pureblend Pro Bloom (2-3-5), Cal-Mag (2-0-0), and Fish emulsion (5-1-1) watered in to the soil. Due to the rainfall here in Tampa, I rarely water the plants; only when they just start to wilt. Any help is greatly appreciated.

HQ4Bg1Nl.jpg

2Z61Y6yl.jpg

Might need Bonemeal or Epsom Salts [Magnesium]. Peppers need these, especially the calcium in the bone-meal. Maybe the 2-0-0 isn't enough. 

Back